Don't know what else to do. I have tried almost everything :-(

• Thread starter Thread starter terker
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1K

terker

Reaction score
Dear People,

I had to register on this forum with a hope someone could help with this giant problem. I have almost lost all the hope this will ever work. The problem which I have is with editor.exe file. When I try to open it, it is keep saying: "Editor.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I have taken care for registry, updated all drivers (including directx), cleared all temporary files. I have XP SP3 and I also have installed both .net frameworks 3.5 and 4.0. In the Internet Explorer I already made sure that ''Script'' entries are ticked which means disabled. I scanned for viruses/malware with at least 6 different softwares and still same error. I also tried to reinstall the game but still nothing. What else should I do?

Are you using the editor downloaded from steam?

Yes Im not having problems with steam. With purchasing it, all was ok with steam but opening the editor.exe is a mystery for me... It has to be some windows problem.

Have you tried redownloading it from steam?

Yes but neither this works :-(. I am starting to be suspicious I got a bad editor.exe file because the main .exe file to run the game works fine... Do you think it would be worth to change just this single file? If so, where could I get this one single file? Honestly I doubt if this will work because if file was corrupted, I would get different error.

I'm having the same problem with steam too lad it's pretty annoying

I heared editor can also be accessable within the game and not with using editor.exe in installation folder. Since I am able to run the game, I got an idea I could access this editor inside the game. I see ''editor data files'' button but it is grayed out.

Back