• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 532

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Raphael Honigstein analyses the revival of Arsenal's opponents Borussia Dortmund as well as the prospects of the Bundesliga's other Champions League contenders.

More...

Rosicky and Ramsey both out, so god knows who's going to play in MF with Arteta now. Presumably Frimpong.

Rosicky and Ramsey both out, so god knows who's going to play in MF with Arteta now. Presumably Frimpong.

Benayoun should play imo

Song Benayoun

Gervinho Arteta Theo

Benayoun should play imo

Song Benayoun

Gervinho Arteta Theo

Benayoun deep in midfield. Yeah, that'll work.

Swap him and Arteta and you have yourself a workable trio, but Benayoun's never struck me as a totally convincing trequartista: same kind of thing as Nasri, he's too direct and more of a scorer rather than a provider.

Besides, that's rather a moot point considering Arsenal no longer play a 4-2-3-1. I'd expect DEEEEENCH or Coquelin holding behind the duo of Song and Arteta.

Swap him and Arteta and you have yourself a workable trio, but Benayoun's never struck me as a totally convincing trequartista: same kind of thing as Nasri, he's too direct and more of a scorer rather than a provider.

Ive always thought Yossi would be better coming in from wide

Besides, that's rather a moot point considering Arsenal no longer play a 4-2-3-1. I'd expect DEEEEENCH or Coquelin holding behind the duo of Song and Arteta.

sorry for sounding thick but if we dont play 4-2-3-1 anymore what do we play?

Ive always thought Yossi would be better coming in from wide

Indeed, like Nasri.

sorry for sounding thick but if we dont play 4-2-3-1 anymore what do we play?

4-3-3. Or to be more specific, 4-1-2-3 due to RvP's similar axis with his wide men and a holding role distinct from the other two midfielders.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Is Coquelin in the squad? A friend of mine said he isn't. That's surprising. Still, I guess that firms up Frimpong for the midfield holding role.

Is Coquelin in the squad? A friend of mine said he isn't. That's surprising. Still, I guess that firms up Frimpong for the midfield holding role.

No.

Arsenal squad (in alphabetical order):
Andrey Arshavin
Mikel Arteta
Yossi Benayoun
Marouane Chamakh
Johan Djourou
Gervinho
Kieran Gibbs
Lukasz Fabianski
Emmanuel Frimpong
Laurent Koscielny