Dossena secures switch to Napoli

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 966

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Defender Andrea Dossena leaves Liverpool and signs a four-year deal with Serie A side Napoli.

More...

And good riddance too, another classic Benitez underachiever.

Don't blame him, didn't cut it in the prem IMO.

Thank **** for that. Dreadful signing. Hopefully he'll do well in Italy like before.

Another replacement Benitez needs to fix.

Was he really that bad? Whenever I saw him he looked ok.

Was he really that bad? Whenever I saw him he looked ok.

Yeah he really was bad. Which is a shame because there's no doubt he has the talent, Italian international and voted best full-back in Italy the season before we signed him.

Hopefully he can pick up where he left off before he came too Liverpool because he seemed like a true professional.

why in gods name did he ever sell Riise? this guy was always going to disappoint, 8mil for a relative unknown.

Yeah he really was bad. Which is a shame because there's no doubt he has the talent, Italian international and voted best full-back in Italy the season before we signed him.

Hopefully he can pick up where he left off before he came too Liverpool because he seemed like a true professional.

I saw him in Serie A quite a few times before he joined Liverpool and he was good, far better than what he showed at Liverpool. At least he got a goal agaist Man Utd before he left eh.

why in gods name did he ever sell Riise? this guy was always going to disappoint, 8mil for a relative unknown.

Realtive unknown? He was Italy's first choice left back :S Thank **** he has gone though, got some money for him and we won't need to buy a replacement seeing as we already have 2 left backs. Some money to go into a striker hopefully.

Realtive unknown? He was Italy's first choice left back :S Thank **** he has gone though, got some money for him and we won't need to buy a replacement seeing as we already have 2 left backs. Some money to go into a striker hopefull y.

danny mills was england's first choice right back.

I don't think Mills got more than 20 caps or so.

i don't think dossena did, grosso has been first choice from what i can remember for italy. maybe dossena filled in due to injury.

No I agree in that sense. dossen never was first choice for italy.

I can't believe they got money for him :o

Another flop sadly with Liverpool, much like Babel, showed lots of potential and quality in other leagues but seem to flop in the PL. Doesn't help much selling him as they bought him for £8m and sold him for half the price, but I guess you need to if you need to get 1 or 2 players in.

It seems at least some money is already in the process of being spent, Maxi Rodriguez the winger from Atletico Madrid. Benitez also apparently turned down a bid for Babel, presumably the one from Birmingham as Babel said he didn't want to leave.

Back