Downing seeks Middlesbrough exit

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 458

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downing is poised to hand in a transfer request, according to Press Association reports.

More...

He might as well go somewhere better. Boro are never going to amount to anything.

Hmmm surprised he's stayed there this long given the amount of time he's linked away with the club. I'd say Spurs or City

Least he has signed a new contract and hence bumped his price up a few million. £6m rejected from Spurs, would happily sell for £12-15m with Johnson as backup.

yeah i mean theres no quotes in the press or anything its just speculation

obviously hes one of our best players so i dont want him gone but for the right price and decent back up you can understand if he wants to go

you look at some of the transfers going through these days, 12 for bridge? hes not played regular football for years and although hes good, downing is our most integral player so we would want more than hes worth anyway.

if SWP goes for 21m and then bought back for 9m and pennant goes for 8m then downings worth 15m cos hes actually good and can deliver a ball

people think cos we are boro we will sell for the 6m joke of an offer spurs just came in with, we dont really need the cash desperatley and hes our best player so why shouldnt we hold out for a good price? young, left footed winger, england international? they arent exactly ten a penny

i would have said 8-10 mill max! but samleggott makes a good point! pennant is no where near as good and he`s worth 9m (which he`s not) then maybe 15mill is right!

And then you have 18m Bent and 18+?m Bentley..who have achieved squit at Spurs. Apparently we have turned down 11m + incentives.

Back