Dreamcast 2.0

Lee

Administrator
Reaction score
This is rather spooky, and certainly makes you think....

ave alook at the comparisons here

:D

Spookky

I hope it does flop like the Dreamcast. The Dramcast was that **** the tiny corner shop near me was selling dreamcast games for a tenner.

The dreamcast was far from ****, I enjoyed alot of games on that console and didn't regret buying it one bit, Code Veronica, House of the Dead, Ready 2 Rumble boxing, Shenmue, Dead or Alive 2, Soul caliber, I could go on but it's pointless as my opinion holds no value here so why am i posting...

House of dead was a kick *** game.

The X-Box probaly be better though.. never brought a dreamcast because they where aparently ****.

The Brick box is rubbish i dont know why people would buy it or did buy it? because it can hold songs?? big wow use a cd player or your pc or the 500 other electronic items that can hold music.

I can't see this being much different PS3 is going to wipe the floor with it.

Sure lots of people will say it's the best thing since sliced bread, However when Sony start releasing adverts and interview's about the PS3 people will go nuts for it.

Craven said:
The dreamcast was far from ****, I enjoyed alot of games on that console and didn't regret buying it one bit, Code Veronica, House of the Dead, Ready 2 Rumble boxing, Shenmue, Dead or Alive 2, Soul caliber, I could go on but it's pointless as my opinion holds no value here so why am i posting...

There is a Dreamcast at the youth club I work at. The games include Shenmue, House of the Dead, Ready 2 Rumble, Soul Caliber. All top games (apart from shenmue which i havn't been on yet.) The best game has to be Virtua Striker 2 :thup:

I think the only reason the Dreamcast failed must have been either due to a poor marketing campain by SEGA, or a excellent marketing campaign from Sony.

XBox 360 wont go down this path though as they have already done a **** load of marketing and almost everyone knows about it, just depends on how many current Xbox owners will buy one.

If you click the link above there's a page 2 which gives 10 reasons why the xbox won't fail where the Dreamcast did. :)

Interesting comparisons, especially the one with the rich blad guy at conventions :p

Sean said:
I think the only reason the Dreamcast failed must have been either due to a poor marketing campain by SEGA, or a excellent marketing campaign from Sony.

XBox 360 wont go down this path though as they have already done a **** load of marketing and almost everyone knows about it, just depends on how many current Xbox owners will buy one.

It was a combination of both poor marketing from SEGA and great marketing from Sony, If the DC had included a DVD drive then maybe it wouldn't of fell on its **** at the first hurdle either. They tried to sell the DC by encouraging online play and to be honest going back a few years console online gaming was basically non-existent, and it didn't help that the only decent game to play online was Quake which everyone had for the PC anyway. Good console, could of been greater.