Dresden Title Winners 5-2-2-1 Wing Backs and Wingers

Reaction score
this is a highly aggressive, relentless and direct type of tactic. Usually I don't tend to post tactics because I tend to build diet versions of the best tactics from this site. but this year I think I might have found something. It took me to 3 Bundesliga titles and a champions league much earlier than is should have and now in my 4th Season at Napoli I think I have made the final few tweaks that make it a bit of a world beater. I think I finally might have something of my own.

my only sceptical about is that I have only played with one type of striker 6"7 Lorenzo Lucca and a 6"6 newgen. the tactic defiantly benefits from a striker that's good in the air and right winger that has good crossing.

all feed back welcome
20220108001655_1.jpg
20220108001800_1.jpg

second screen shot showing with an Inverted winger each player has their own instructions. but cross often and from touch line is on.

20220108001724_1.jpg
20220108001744_1.jpg
20220108001837_1.jpg
20220108001838_1.jpg

Attachments

• Dresden Title Winners.fmf
    44.8 KB · Views: 356
  • 20220108001811_1.jpg
    20220108001811_1.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 100
bare in mind I have been recruiting for this tactic for 4 years but 101 scored and 15 conceded one game lost in which i had a man sent off. Pretty good.

20220112033154_1.jpg

I understand the concept behind it. Solid 3 at the back, players all over the field, to create those beautifull triangle passes. The right winger and right fullback crossing to the second post to Isak or to the center. It called my attention because I've been trying something like this aswell for around 3 seasons, but i felt some weaknesses that I would like to share with you to see if you felt the same way with this tactic. And maybe share some ideas and collect some of your knowledge since you are already in 2030 in the game.

THE WIDE PLAYERS: I think the inside wingers or inside forwards, even with the stay inside instructions, tend to stay wide for a long time during the offensive phase before they get inside the pitch, and sometimes the full back and the inside wingers/forwards are really close to eachother on the wing, and that's what made choose to remove the outside players completely from my style, I know only use the fullbacks as a wide players. For example the advanced playmaker stay way more inside the pitch and its perfect, he stays in the space between the center back and full back but in otherhand doesnt do the same movements towards the goal, and tend to stay a bit behind away from the goal, even with the attack duty.

ONLY TWO MIDS: Sometimes I get outplayed on the midfield too easily, mostly when the oponnent is patient, passing the ball from one side to the other. The tighter marking makes it worse because one of my mids get displaced when they pass it around in a wing, and when they get inside again, most of the time you have only one man, that gets ouplayed by simple passes, then the center back steps up to press, and when you realize, you have a defence full of holes and it gets outplayed very easy. Do you feel the same way? What do you do to counter that?

The overlap on the right with the winger. How does it work, having one wid center back on attack, a full back and a winger on the same side? with the overlap right turned on? I am curious about that.

Cheers

WIDE PLAYERS: I'm trying to create overloads in the wide positions with to always have a spare man to cross, my main creative forces are my right winger and my right wing back. both get double well into (had a right winger get 30 assists all comps one year) figure assists. having the wing back on support and the WCB on attack work well because the centre back is the one that overlaps not the wing back. both wing backs have "cross from deep" instructions turned on which and the team has hit cross early so they do well getting the ball in the box. Isak and the newgen striker are both great at at least winning the ball in the air. both my WCB are ridiculously fast also.

ONLY TWO MIDS: they're there to win back and progress the ball out wide. I don't expect a high output in terms of G/A from either of them. I really don't mid conceding possession to other team. I always look for good physicals for the man on support and outstanding physicals for the man on defend. both have high passing, work rate and stamina.

I've always been a better recruiter and player developer on football manager than a tactic guy. that's why I've not posted a tactic before but I found one that worked and has got better tweaks for my current save. maybe I've just recruited well for it. That's what I wanted to see. I prize physicals over anything when recruiting on this years FM, I'm finding more important than anything else.

Going to try this once my Current Season is over :) Already Recruited Gil from Spurs, and McTominay to boss the Midfield.

Anyone you can recommend for any positions? I am in 2025 With Nottingham Forest (in prem of course).

Current Strikers for this tactic are : Satriano (solid in the air) and my Lucca Regen that I found! :D

Thanks in advance!

another very good season with this tactic, I've let just 31 goals in 2 seasons in the league. xGa is by far the lowest in the league as is shot against and highest in interceptions and possession won.

20220125222831_1.jpg
20220125223105_1.jpg