Drogba undergoes groin operation

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 797

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Chelsea striker Didier Drogba is likely to miss the start of the season after undergoing a groin operation.

More...

What is it with Chelsea and groin injuries? I heard Alex and Cech and someone else and Drogba had Groin Injuries all been visiting Vanessa Perroncel I see?

It's a joke dont get offended

If you're going to joke atleast get it right. Alex has a thigh injury and Cech has torn his calf muscle.

On topic: This was always going to happen, Drogba has been putting this off for a while now so im glad he's getting it out of the way. Hopefully he can return for the start of the campaign.

Last edited:
What games will he miss, hopefully some fairly good teams

If you're going to joke atleast it get right. Alex has a thigh injury and Cech has torn his calf muscle.

On topic: This was always going to happen, Drogba has been putting this off for a while now so im glad he's getting it out of the way. Hopefully he can return for the start of the campaign.

Sorry :(

plus west brom and wigan. so nothing major :'(

drogba isen't the type of player that relys on his pace he is much much more than that. i think drogba is the type of player that will score plenty of goals at the top level until he retires.

drogba isen't the type of player that relys on his pace he is much much more than that. i think drogba is the type of player that will score plenty of goals at the top level until he retires.
he relies on physicality as a player. he will score plenty, but i doubt very much he will get any better. like i say youve probably seen the best of him

he relies on physicality as a player. he will score plenty, but i doubt very much he will get any better. like i say youve probably seen the best of him

well im going to put my neck on the line and say he will score another 30+goals this season.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

especially with no african nations this season. this is obviously if he stays fit.

well im going to put my neck on the line and say he will score another 30+goals this season.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

especially with no african nations this season. this is obviously if he stays fit.
your last bit is exactly my point. he relies on physicality, which is the first to go as you get older. since he wil be involves in so many battles and physical challenges up front he will find it harder to stay as fit, each knock will take longer to recover from.

your last bit is exactly my point. he relies on physicality, which is the first to go as you get older. since he wil be involves in so many battles and physical challenges up front he will find it harder to stay as fit, each knock will take longer to recover from.

I would say its speed that goes first.

Look at the likes of Owen and smaller pacy strikers, don't last aslong as the likes of Shearer and .. Kanu? ;) who are more about strength and bullying defenders.

I think he will still be banging them in for a few more years, but doubt he will be much better than what he has already shown Chelsea fans, but he is still one of the best center forwards currently, in the world.

I would say its speed that goes first.

Look at the likes of Owen and smaller pacy strikers, don't last aslong as the likes of Shearer and .. Kanu? ;) who are more about strength and bullying defenders.

I think he will still be banging them in for a few more years, but doubt he will be much better than what he has already shown Chelsea fans, but he is still one of the best center forwards currently, in the world.
wouldnt you class speed as part of physicality? as in pace acceleration strength.

Have we yet to see the best of Drogba im pretty sure everyone bar Chelsea fans. apparently he has had this injury for 6 years i got a feeling the drogs may be more fierce next season.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2116708,00.html

Understable..

But..

A) How can he get better than his form of 2005-2008?

B) Why did Jose spend £25M on a player who had an injury that was going to affect the way he played for a long time?

Cracking player though. :wub:

Understable..

But..

A) How can he get better than his form of 2005-2008?

B) Why did Jose spend £25M on a player who had an injury that was going to affect the way he played for a long time?

Cracking player though. :wub:

A) I don't think he will beat his goal talley becase i think he will only be at chelsea for no more than 2 more seasons but i think he will come close to the 200goal mark for the club.

B) Jose must have known he was worth it and imagine what he could have done if he wasen't carrying this injury.

wouldnt you class speed as part of physicality? as in pace acceleration strength.

Yeah, but I singled it out as I think its the main part that players lose the quickest, I think players can remain pretty strong untill they are about 40, if they train well and look after themselves, but once you lose your pace, you can't really get it back.

Back