Duffy saved by emergency surgery

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 780

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Young Republic of Ireland defender Shane Duffy undergoes life-saving surgery after suffering a freak accident in a training match.

More...

Great to see he's survived, I just hope he can get back into football, he showed some promise in the few appearances he made for Everton this season.

Sad to see people suffering accidents like this. Never knew football was such a deadly game.

I hope he recovers,he looks like a good prospect for the Northern Ireland national team,as well as in club football for Everton.

hope he gets better soon with seamus coleman he looks like a good prospect for everton all the best shane

Wow, freak accident! I hope he gets well soon. I've seen a picture of it and he looked in some pain when down.

He's from my town :(
Everton had to pay 50k to get him, from a local u17 team.

Good to see he got out k.

Another very serious freak incident happening to one of our very good prospects. Last summer Seamus Coleman had a career threatening blister

how the **** do you lacerate your liver clashing with goal keeper? was he carrying knives at the time or something? glad hes gonna be alright though

poor dude, he's only 18 :S

and also, I accidentally searched "laceration" on google imges :(

Get well soon Shane.

how the **** do you lacerate your liver clashing with goal keeper? was he carrying knives at the time or something? glad hes gonna be alright though

My only answer is that he musta been hit pretty hard with the keepers blades.

Back