180px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png

• Full Name: Arsenal Football Club
  • Nickname: The Gunners
  • Founded: 1886 as Dial Square
  • Ground: Emirates Stadium, [Capacity 60,000]
  • Owner: Arsenal Holdings plc.
  • Chairman: Peter Wood-Hill
  • League: The Premier League
  • Top Division Wins: 13 Top Flight Wins.
  • FA Cup Wins: 10 FA Cup Wins.

Arsene Wenger retires from the game

356px-Arsene_Wenger_2.jpg
14 years in the job, ups and downs, good times and bad. Arsene Wenger has seen through Arsenal FC and has always come up trumps for the gunners. Arsene has overseen over 600 games whilst managing Arsenal and has witnessed his team score a whopping 750 plus goals. With the departure of Arsene Wenger from Arsenal will not be the only ones licking there wounds as this change with shock the footballing world.

Who will be able to replace Arsene Wenger for Arsenal? It's such a massive ask of any manager and surely a big name will most definitely be called in. It's such a huge loss for football and the effect this will have on Arsenal only 5 weeks to the season starts with be immense. The presure on the new guy will be huge but hopefully Arsenal can rebuild. Farewell Arsene Wenger.

Arsenal begin to move on quick

It seems the Gunners have moved on very quickly from the loss of Arsene Wenger. Arsenal FC are already involved in a wild hunt for a manager on a precious few weeks before the season. Apparently, according to sources, Arsenal have already offered the job to Martin O'Neill, the former Aston Villa boss. It is a well known fact that Martin is thought very highly of by the fans and by the Chairman. However O'Neill or Arsenal have yet to come out to confirm it. More when we find out.

Arsenal appoint Rookie?

fogarino_navy_suit_3.jpeg

It seems Arsenal Football Club have lost their minds since losing Wenger. Arsenal has just put up on there site Arsenal.co.uk that they have hired a new manager only days after the Wenger departure. Rookie manager, Daniel Craythorne was appointed earlier this afternoon - the report said. Arsenal have said Arsene had a stipulation on his contract allowing him to help to appoint the next new manager and when he brought Craythorne in, the whole board loved him.

Daniel Craythorne, is aged at the young age of 33. Which is incredibly young to be a manager, Craythorne was a flying winger under Wenger at Monaco fifteen years ago until a horrific injury ended his career before it had started but ever since then Craythorne has been building up his FA Coaching badges and qualifications ready to break into management but i doubt he would have thought this would be the place he started at.

Squad Overview Next..
-------------------------------------------------

Good start will follow!

Chapter One
[Pre-Season & August Overview & Squad Summary]

"The last few weeks have been a complete rollercoaster ride for me. I have never experienced such excitement and that is what I love about this game, the thrill ride. I sit here now at only 33 years old. Most guys my age are still playing fooball right now. Myself, however is a different story. My injury stopped my playing career and I haven't been able to perform to the same level ever since that fateful day almost 16 years ago. I had always had a passion for football ever since I was a young Aston Villa fan. Watching with my dad when I was ten. Now, I have everything in my life, the perfect woman my wife Jenny and my two sons, Daryl and Grant. I had all these amazing people around me but one thing was missing. One key thing and that was a job I loved doing. For years now I had been doing my coaching courses which leads me onto Arsene Wenger. This man is the greatest coach ever to have lived and he is my true idol. Ever since the day I endured that horrific injury I have been waiting to make my return to football but it never happened until a few days ago, that fateful call from Arsene. I was delighted and I am going to do everything to make him proud."

Meet the Squad

Goalkeepers:
1. Manuel Almunia
21. Lukasz Fabianski
24. Vito Mannone
53. Wojciech Szczesny

Comments: Obviously, Almunia being our number one this year and he has three men covering him. Touch wood we won't need them but they are also of the highest quality to help defend our goal.

Defenders:
5. Thomas Vermaelen.
13. Sebastien Squillaci
20. Johan Djourou
6. Laurent Koscienlny
27. Emmanuel Eboue
3. Bakary Sagna
22. Gael Clichy
28. Kieran Gibbs

Comments: A fairly solid defensive line in my opinion. 4 central backs and 4 full backs. A good mix and eight defenders of the highest quality in anybodys book. Should give us what we need for this season, if not we can target this part of the team in January.

Midfielders:
77. Mathieu Flamini
25. Denilson
4. Cesc Fabregas
16. Aaron Ramsey
7. Tomas Rosicky
14. Samir Nasri
23. Abou Diaby
8. Theo Walcott
19. Jack Wilshere
10. Andrey Arshavin

Comments: A fantastic midfield, up there with the best of them on paper and if most of the guys can stay fit, I can see great things happen for us this season. Also, the addition of Mathieu Flamini back into Arsenal is fantastic for the squad and for 15£ million up front, he was a steal.

Forwards:
11. Robin van Persie
12. Carlos Vela
29. Marouane Chamakh
52. Artem Milevskyi
9. Nicklas Bendtner
26. Humberto Suazo
32. Matia Destro

Comments: The guys charged to get us goals and win us games. I think we have sufficiently strenghtened this side of the squad and added a good competition for places between the seven guys going for two spots in the attacking slots.

Pre-Season Friendlies
[Taken by assistant, Pat Rice]

AWAY.
Arsenal 3 - 1 Middlesborough
[Diaby, Emmanuel-Thomas, van Persie]

AWAY.
Arsenal 11 - 0 Boreham Wood
[van Persie x7, Nasri x3, Rosicky]

AWAY
Arsenal 3 - 1 Stade Malherbe Caen
[Rosicky, Eboue, van Persie]

AWAY
Arsenal 3 - 0 Barnet
[Wilshere, Denilson, Rosicky]

AWAY
Arsenal 2 - 0 Colarado Rapids
[Nasri, van Persie]

HOME
Arsenal 2 - 1 Fiorentina
[Chamakh, van Persie]

------

Transfers:

22.7.09 - Humberto Suazo - Monterrey - 1.5£ million.
7.8.09 - Mattia Destro - Inter - 3£ million.
17.8.09 - Artem Milevskyi - Dinamo Kiev - 4.7£ million.
30.8.09 - Mathieu Flamini - Milan - 15£ million [possibly rise to 30£]

-------

August Results

AWAY
Arsenal 2 - 1 Newcastle
Andrey Arshavin, Chamakh.
Comments: I am very happy with the performance from the boys, the effort they put in there for me today was outstanding and two fantastic goals from two fantastic players sealed the victory for us and we are glad to get up and running with a win at St. James.

--

AWAY
Arsenal 0 - 0 Blackburn
-
Comments:
A poor showing from us, we never really shown any consistency and we didn't create any chances either. A poor performance, the less said about this game, the better.

--

HOME
Arsenal 3 - 0 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Cesc Fabregas, Chamakh, Robin van Persie.
Comments: A great performance today from the boys as we demonstrated we do have the strikeforce to turn teams inside and out. Chamakh scored a lovely goal as did the captain Cesc Fabregas but the goal of the game came late on in the second half when a beautifully weighted ball was chipped over from the right hand side and van Persie raced in at the back post and nodded it home.

"Overall, this month has been a total thrill ride for me. My first month in management of a club, and not just any club, Arsenal. 7 points from a possible 9 doesn't sound too bad to me and to boot we only conceded one goal, scoring a decent five. I completely love my new job and have fallen in love with Arsenal football club, whether it's the way they play football or just the fad of managing a big four club, I don't know but I'm loving ever second of managing them. Grant and Daryl came to watch my first home match, they are only 7, so they don't quite know what is going on yet but they loved it when we scored and we put a real showing on for my sons.. roll on next month."

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:37 PM ----------

update?

Last edited:
Nice update. :)

Good luck.

I like Arsenal stories :)

Good luck :D

"Only my second month into management and it's all going good. Undefeated so far. Our strike force is proving formidable as we were on target 21 times in a matter of 6 games this month. Elsewhere, outside of football my son won his first two games of the season, scoring twice for his beloved London Bullets. I have recently bought a new house, just around the corner from the Emirates and my children have just moved to they're new school and already have loads of friends. I have been in contact with Arsene who quote funnily said 'Don't out do me, Danny boy.' Which I found quite funny. I look forward to next month."

September Results

AWAY [Premier League]
Arsenal 5 - 3 Fulham
van Persie x2, Fabregas, Chamakh, Arshavin.
Comments: A fantastic game of football as we were absolutely sensational attack wise today, however we let ourselves go a bit at the back but a win is a win and I'm loving the three points today.

-

AWAY [Champions League]
Arsenal 4 - 1 Standard Liege
Arshavin, Flamini, Suazo x2.
Comments: Happy with the performance and the result today. We completely dominated them in every aspect of the game and we were clinical in front of goal. Arshavin hit a belter from 25 yards and Suazo bagged a brace, already paying the little amount of money we payed for him back.

-

HOME [Premier League]
Arsenal 2 - 1 Manchester Utd.
Wilshere, Arshavin.
Comments: A very tight, tense contest here at the Emirates but we pulled through in the end. After van Persie tired, we replaced him with a buzzing Wilshere who couldn't wait to get on the pitch. He roared on and within two minutes have broken the deadlock with a thunderbolt. Good result. Very good result against our rivals.

-

AWAY [League Cup 3rd Round]
Arsenal 4 - 0 Torquay
Denilson x2, Vela, Suazo.
Comments: Today we took the oppurtunity to rest a few players and it didn't effect our performance whatsoever, Denilson was in good form finishing two for us and Vela came on grabbing his first of the season and Suazo added to his two in the Champions League. We have drawn Manchester City in the fourth round away.

-

AWAY [Premier League]
Arsenal 3 - 0 Birmingham
van Persie, Arshavin, Chamakh.
Comments: Three points in the premier league is always a good three points well earned and that was the case here tonight as we annihilated Birmingham without giving them a sniff. Three of our stars started and completed the route.

-

HOME [Champions League]
Arsenal 3 - 1 AJ Auxerre
Song, Vermaelen, Suazo.
Comments: Four in three now for Suazo and six points out of six in the group stages and it looks like were going through. A confident performance and a good one at that. Song and Vermaelen both netted they're first of the campaign and Song made his first appearance of the season.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
1st; Wayne Rooney
2nd; Robin van Persie
3rd; Steven Gerrard

YOUNG PLAYER OF THE MONTH
1st; Mark Davies
2nd; Jack Wilshere
3rd; Andy Caroll

MANAGER OF THE MONTH
1st; Carlo Ancelotti
2nd; Daniel Craythorne
3rd; Roy Hodgson

"Extremely happy with how this month has gone and being awarded second in MOTM makes me very honoured and happy. Jack Wilshere came second in young player which I am delighted with and I am really happy with the lad who has been devastating to defences. van Persie was also sensational coming second in overall player of the month. I am very happy at least one person from Arsenal got into the top three in all three catergories."

Nice story but did you pay £15 million for Flamini?!?!?!

EDIT: Is it me or do you have two accounts? This one and this one

Last edited: