Dumb AI

• Thread starter Thread starter Rogach
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1K

Rogach

Reaction score
Ok so i have a small problem. My players never try to outpass the keeper. For example i have three! players running alone on goal, and the one with ball instead of passing to any of his teammates decides to shoot and the keeper saves it! It happens all the time and it's not just one player or even one club. I have never seen the goalkeeper being outpassed and i have played quite a few games.
So is there a way to make such goals happen? I mean every other chance i miss could have been easly scored if the players would just pass to the open man.
Cheers

Teach your strikers to lob the keeper. Problem solved if they keep getting through 1-on-1

I totally agree mate, see this happening all the time in my game
I think teaching the striker to pass instead of shoot would help it but then he'd end up looking for the pass all the time and wasting other chances

THIS is the main problem with FM.
No one scores sweaty goals!

I've seen a lot of people complain about this and it's weird, on my Atleti save my players always passed to players in space but on my Bayern save they're more selfish. It might be down to tactics, on my Atleti game I'm primarily using Raikan's 4-2-4 and the Bayern I'm using Kofloks tactic. I'm not home atm so I can't check the teamwork and decisions of both teams but I'd say Bayerns players are higher in those.

this has been driving me mad for years. its a 3 on one situation and your striker thumps it high and wide. drives me insane. if anyone has a solution gimme a shout. i might use fmrte on a **** save a give make my striker "pass instead of shoot" to see if that makes a difference

One solution could be teaching your strikers to round the keeper when 1 on 1. Or if he has a good decision attribute, passing set to short and a little creativity he could pass it to another teammate. Oh, and teamwork?

i experienced a few situations like this but they are more exception then rule in my case
mostly its a player with low teamwork 11 and workrate 8 i think, that shoots in such oportunities , but my poacher who has 7 creativity, but 16 teamworka and work rate usually passed to a teammate in those situation
but also lets say a player with the ball comes from the right side and got 2 players left, if he shoots he shoots right, which is not really the best solution, cuz its mostly either a corner or miss
but if he had shoot left and the gk couldn't hold it and they rarely can in such distances one of the 2 players could score on the rebound

Back