Dunc's Auction game

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 491
  • Views Views 38K

Dunc

Keyboard Warrior
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been asked to set one of these up, its a pretty simple concept, and have been around for a fair while, and iamauser is doing one at the moment, but this has been set up off the back of Kris wanting to be in one.. ;)

The plan is to do it as a story, once the bidding and **** has been concluded, but also I will be starting up a net-game version of the game for those that want to play it as a net game also, although this isn't compulsory, just for those that enjoy net games and fancy a bit of a fun one with a few other people and their teams.

The basic concept of the Auction game is that a team is given a Budget of £300m to buy 16 players. If a player manages to buy 16 players, they will be given 5 back up players, who will be randomly selected by me of the players that are left that I haven't put up for bidding. People can request certain players I haven't put up for bidding as back up players, and these will come on a first come first serve basis, but this will not be happening untill 16 days of bidding has finished. If a team doesn't reach the 16 players, or buys more than, they will be given less back up players, one for each player under or over the limit they are, so if you get 14 players, you get 3 back ups. The most players you can sign is 21, but then you will fail to get any back up players.

Bidding will consist of me posting normally:

3 GK
5/6 DF
5/6 MD
3/4 ST

You can bid on:

1 GK
3 DF
3 MD
2 ST

After 16 rounds has been concluded, there will be 2 days where people can trade or sell back players. If you wish to sell back a player, you will be given 50% of the value you paid for them, and they will be put back up for
auction after these two days, for a further day, for other people to bid on them.

Now that's all sorted. I need people to be in it. Obviously I won't be in it, because I am taking the bids and ****, and I need to save a place for Kris, because he is a very angry Scott! :P Also, this won't be who ever posts 1st gets in, I need people I know will bid daily and ****. So I would expect people with over say.. 500 or so posts, and failing that I will look to bring in people with lower post counts. I want 12 people, where there will be 2 leaguers of 6, and a cup or two. If you are interested, post on the thread, don't need any information, if I pick you then I will PM you requesting the info and stuff. :) I will be looking to get this started sometime around Monday, but it is actually my 23rd Birthday next week, so I am in no real rush to start if we can't find 12 active players. If it is the case that I get 12 like.. tonight, then I will start it tonight, but I doubt it. :)

So yeah, post if you're interested, or if you have any questions.

Current players:
1. Kris
2. Billy
3. Irish Scouse
4. Joe
5. CtBallbag
6. Calum
7. Wiggles
8. Ronan
9.Tiraths
10. Mike.
11. Jake
12. Alfie
13. Godcubed
14. DMF
15. Grandadjt09
16. Joel

Last edited:
Actually, **** it. GC you're in. Going to extend to 16 people.

Fairy nuff. I was only going to join so I could outbid Mike. on players by 0.1 and make him rage, to be fair.

Can I be in seeing as it's been extended? :D

Yeppo you're both in. Need one more. Might be more selective about the final one.

There we go.

Can you all send me:

Team name:
Home Colours:
Away Colours:

Team name: FC 2012
Home Colours: Red top white sleeves
Away Colours: Yellow with blue bits

I suck at naming teams :(

My team in Iamauser's is AFC January lol

Back