mackie2K2

Reaction score
A Story of Scotland
By
Craig Mackintosh

MY CAREER SO FAR...

19th December 1992
There once was a young man of 23.Whose career was destined for the top.He was young,agile,quick and had an eye for goal.He had scored 23 goals in 17 games.Rumours had been going roung that Celtic,Rangers,Hibs,Hearts and Manchester United were interested in him.Then in a game against Queens Park in a the Scottish Cup.He was through on goal.A goal was coming when a big,hard tackling Glaswegian tackled him.He lay on the ground,Groaning in pain.The pain was in his leg.At his ankle,shin and knee.He looked down and he saw his leg.He fainted. That person was me

The Hospital

When I woke up my leg was raised above.I looked around,I was in a room with a Doctor.
"Aaaaaaahhh" he groaned
"Aaaaaaaa" he groaned again.
The Doctor said"Hello my man,how are you today"
"Weird" he responded
"Do you want to know what happened"
"Yeah"
"Can you remember anything"
"Eh, getting tackled and looking at my leg."
"Erm,Well it was a triple break ah"he was interrupted by my squilling.
"Eh,Doc,I think im going to be sick."
"OK,OK, just came down,its OK."
I waited about ten minutes until I was better.
Then the doctor said"Yes well it was a triple break.Your ankle,fibula and
knee- cap.Well im very sorry but I dont think youll ever play again."
There were tears dribbling down my checks.My heart was in my mouth.I just couldn't believe it.

Breaking The News

Now I waited a week or so until I got the message and then I got my agent Robbie McDonald to tell everybody.Obviously my family knew and so did my team Dundee FC.My agent released it at 2:00pm and by 3:00pm I had 1000 posts on my Facebook and 500 on my PS3.The next day I got lots of visitors.Our manager,teammates,freinds.But the one that touched me most was when that Big defender came in.He said he was distraught at tackling me.And even though he looked no nice he was a really nice guy underneath.

1 and a 1/2 years later

After one of the best and quickest recoverys ever.I was ready.Yes after being told you'll never play again.He was ready but was he the same.He was ready for his first match in nearly 2 years.

The Game

So I was in the tunnel at Borough Briggs,ready to face Elgin in the League Cup, I was gearing up for it.The pitch was dodgy.It was Unevan and bumpy.5 players were injured in the warm-up.Thats why I was playing.After 5 minutes a through ball was played I ran through and was getting to it before the keeper.When yet again disaster struck.My foot went down a bunker and my ankle went but my follow throw saw me caught in a hole and my knee went.Then the goalkeeper slide throw and caught me with his studs on my other knee.

Not Again!

I lay there in disbelief.Every player ran to me.Some of the crowd were crying.It had happened again.My ankle and both knees.I was crying because I knew this time there was no chance.In the hospital.I met the same doctor again and he said"Well last time you proved me wrong by playing.You're just unlucky.Any other player would of survived that.

2 years Later

Well, over the last two years.I havn't played sport.This time I think i'll give up.Because im 28.My best days are past.But im off the crutches in a week.

Football Manager

Well for a couple of years ive been playing this game called Football Manager.I was good at it.Wish I was in it though.I was so entriged by it that I went out and got coaching badges.

21st July 2008

Youth Job Up for Grabs

I was looking at managerial jobs, when I came across Dundee Fc U19's.So I phoned up Robbie and we both thought that was a good idea.So I applied and got the Job

The Summary of the Jouth Job

Well I got the team from The Whipping Boys to Champion Boys.In my first season I won the Youth League and Cup.I done so well that Chairman Harry McLean offered me the Reserves job.So i took it and asked if i could take the Youth players with me. He said yes i could.

The Summary of the Reserves Job

Just as before I got them from relegation contenders to Promotion contenders.The job was good and I saw players like Connor Rennie,Kyle Benidictus and John Gibson called up to the first team.But more controversy was to follow.

10th July 2010
Dundee FC in Administration

Yes that was the headline on that day.We were called into the club at 11:00am. Every single person who was paid by the club was there.We were greeted by Bryan Jackson as we walked in.None of us knew who he was until we got inside the players lounge.
Bryan Jackson walked in and said "Hello and thanks for coming here this morning for an urgent matter.My name is Bryan Jackson.The club Administrator.This morning Dundee FC went into administration due to unpaid taxes.Now myself,Harry Mclean and the board members are going to make up a team forthe next season.We only have a transfer budget of 1,500 pounds so we may have to make wage cuts."
The next half-hour was nerve racking.You never knew if you were staying or going.Then Bryan came back in.
"Right thanks again for waiting.We have made a decision.We will call you through and tell you if you are staying or going."
He called through Colin McMenamin,Njazi Kuqi,Scott Fox,Dominic Shimmin,Paul McHale,Brian Kerr,Charlie Grant,Mikael Antoinne-Courier,Eric Paton and Managerial Duo Billy Dodds and Gordon Chisholm.
Bryan Jackson then came through again and asked us all to come through into the boardroom.So we all walked through and Bryan Jackson stood up and said.
"You are staying with us.All of the other players have been released.So just to make it clear this is your new managerial team.

Manager-Craig Mackintosh
Assistant-Gordan Wallace
Assistant-Rab Douglas
Coach -Matt Lockwood
Gkcoach-Rab Douglas

First Day In Charge
I walk in the training ground and look at my squad.I'm starting to wonder why I took this job.But i know all of them.Our first training session went well.We played 5's and fitness testing.After training I had a talk with Gordon Wallace and Rab Douglas about Transfers and here is a list of players I am looking in to
  • Scott Bain(Free Transfer)
  • Stirling Smith(Free Transfer)
  • Scott Ross(Free Transfer)
  • David Witteveen(loan)
  • Jamie Mole(loan)
  • Josh Thompson(loan)
  • Milan Misun(loan)
  • Paul Mulrooney(loan)
  • Jamie Pollock(free Transfer)
  • Paul Mathers(Free Transfer)
Thats my shortlist.I'll post back with my transfers
I have also arranged freindlies so here they are.
  • At Home v Alloa Athletic
  • Away to Dundee united(raiseing money)
  • At Home to Lochee United
  • Home to Aberdeen
  • Fundng Cup v Arbroath,Aberdeen,Inverness CT
  • Home v Camelon Juniors
  • Away to LA Galaxy
Thats my fixtures Feel Free to post back with comments and advice plz
Cheers!

Last edited: