Karzid

Reaction score

After my first season with Brad Freidl taking up my goalkeeping position, and Brad Guzan being developed to overtake him for the next year, I realized my team didn't have as much talent in goal as I would like. But I didn't want to go all out on an expensive goalie, or go for a well known gem of a goalie, I wanted someone who I could make into a hero, not someone who already was. Thus, I scoured through national teams trying to find a goalie I'd never heard of who had some talent.

Then I came across Slovakia's national team, and got a report on the young (for a goalie) Dusan Kuciak. My scout thought he was a bit better than Guzan, and seeing as he had kept quite a lot of clean sheets for his nation that year I decided to swoop in. I paid $1.5 million to FC Vaslui for him, and tried him out. After an impressive showing in the friendlies, he went on to start in every single game of the league that year, keeping 10 clean sheets and conceding 47 goals. Not the best stats, but admirable.

After his impressive debut year, clubs started to make bids for him. Man United, West Ham, Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham, even one from Real Madrid came in. I rejected them all of course, and in one year his value rose from $1.5 million to $6.75 million. He's now our star goalie, and is still having some great games.

Every save he makes is amazing, and his average rating is great, especially for his country. Each game he makes some fine saves, even if he concedes one or two he still saves some that looked like we had no hope of stopping. All in all an amazing goalie, Guzan and Freidl are now elsewhere, both had their contracts run out. Guzan's was just because they wouldn't accept a work permit, but Kuciak outshines them both by far.

Has anyone else heard of him? Or even signed him before?