Dutch FA asked to investigate latest City signing

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 524

ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
Feyenoord have requested the Dutch FA to investigate Manchester City dealings, following the clubs capture of Dutch youth international Karim Rekik

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11916_6814453,00.html

Now, is this sour grapes because yet another prospect has gone to another club, or is there a point to this, being that youth players are being snapped up at such a young age, but never go on to realise their full potential, as they are hardly used?

I think it's a bit of both. Of course you're going to be disappointed losing your own talent but it happens now in football whether it's right or wrong. They should move on.

But surely it would be best not to snap someone who is say 15, as it would be too young? If they were signed by say a club in England, the prospect was in Italy, it would be a major change in their life, and would have to adapt to a whole new way of life to what they are used to? Would it not be best to wait a few more years?

But surely it would be best not to snap someone who is say 15, as it would be too young? If they were signed by say a club in England, the prospect was in Italy, it would be a major change in their life, and would have to adapt to a whole new way of life to what they are used to? Would it not be best to wait a few more years?

And risk another team snapping him up?

And risk another team snapping him up?

Granted there is that risk, I just think sometimes the age they are snapped is getting a bit silly nowadays, especially when stories come out about the players of an even younger age being bought from other clubs

Granted there is that risk, I just think sometimes the age they are snapped is getting a bit silly nowadays, especially when stories come out about the players of an even younger age being bought from other clubs

Indeed, but to prevent their rivals ending up with possibly the next Messi, it has to be done.

Yeah this needs to stop...the kids' best interests aren't taken in to account, just because you're good at 16 doesn't mean you're good enough to make it as a professional...then you've moved you and your family to a different country and sacrificed your education for the sake of a career that won't pan out. I say no one under 18 is allowed to be purchased by a foreign club unless they've made a lot of first team appearances.

Back