AdamG23

Reaction score
View attachment 218624

The Story of Dwight Yorke

Dwight Eversley Yorke (born 3 November 1971) is a former Tobagonian football player (19 goals for the national team) who is now a Sky Sports Pundit.

He began his career at Aston Villa, having been spotted on a Tour of the West Indies in 1989 by Graham Taylor. He stayed 9 years, scoring 73 goals in 232 appearances for the club before joining Manchester United for £12.6million in 1998.

View attachment 218607
At Manchester United, he formed a legendary partnership with Andy Cole, and was part of the famous treble winning team of 1999. By the time he left the club, he had won three Premier League Titles, one FA Cup and the UEFA Champions League. He went on to play for Blackburn Rovers, Birmingham City, Sydney FC before retiring as a player at Sunderland.

Since retiring in 2009, Yorke has completed his Level B coaching badges, and has been a Sky Sports pundit since the start of the 2011 season, famous for his outlandish fashion choices. Now is the time for him to attempt to win all the things he did as a player, as a manager.

View attachment 218550

Back to where it all Started

View attachment 218549

Sunday 19th July 2015

I hadn't expected things to move so quickly, I certainly didn't expect to be offered a job at a club where I made my name known to the English population. I learnt everything at Aston Villa and now I have been given the chance to repay them for everything they did for me, and try to win back the love that I once had before I left for United.

This club have the potential to be a top 8 club, they certainly shouldn't be fighting to escape relegation every season. I hope that this role isn't going to be too big for me as I find my feet on the managerial ladder.

Having spoken with Mr Lerner, I told him we should be aiming for mid-table and whilst he hasn't given me any money to spend in the transfer window, I firmly believe the youngsters we have at the club can do the job.

View attachment 218529

A Tough Start

View attachment 218528

Life as a manager has been tough through preseason as I've tried to guage exactly what we have at the club. We got off to the perfect start against New England, and the second half performance against Haifa was also encouraging. However we have poor in our final two games, Lampard scoring three past Guzan in the final game. We have plenty to improve on ahead of or first league against Chelsea.

On the way from New York, I had a call from an ex-opponent who had heard I was looking for an Assistant. We sat down and discussed things once I had got back in Birmingham and we both quickly came to an agreement. Claude Makelele will join immediately and brings great experience.