Dynamic player attributes based on form

• Thread starter Thread starter JHL3
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2K

JHL3

Reaction score
Alright lads I'm trying to promote this idea, it might be a bit hopeful but Marc Vaughan has already posted in my thread on the si forums.

I think that the game would be more realistic if SI were to do away with PA and instead have every player were to have infinite PA, CA should be much more dynamic and reflect the players current form. For instance in the current system if in my game save a player such as Lionel Messi were to start playing badly then I think his attributes should alter accordingly, if his passes become more erratic then his passing attribute should change from a 19 to 16 for example. To give another example if I were to motivate a championship player to work his socks off and get good then his stats should reflect his form for instance if you had started a game save on a previous football manager while Joleon Lescott was with Wolves in the championship there would have been no chance for him to become the top defender he is today. However with my proposed system of dynamic player attributes if Lescott were to start playing well in the Wolves game save then his attributes would improve and his form can be maintained he may develop much further then he would have in the current system. Every new iteration in football manager has differences in player attributes based on form why do we still have an outdated system where player attributes are so rigid in each game if I can get Lescott to play amazingly why don't his attributes change to reflect how hes playing? and if Lionel Messi plays badly for two seasons in a row why are his attributes still so godly?

If you're interested please show some support in my thread on the SI forums:
Dynamic player attributes based on form.

I believe the phrase 'form is temporary, class is permanent' sums up my disagreement with this idea

I believe the phrase 'form is temporary, class is permanent' sums up my disagreement with this idea
you're basing your system of attributes on a very general saying, I'm sure there are many examples of players who's abilities have detoriarated: fernando torres, patrick kuivert, javier saviola...

alright well in this case would you at least approve of a situation where players attributes can improve such as in the case of Drogba when he use to be pants in the french lower leagues and then got really good at marseille?

you're basing your system of attributes on a very general saying, I'm sure there are many examples of players who's abilities have detoriarated: fernando torres, patrick kuivert, javier saviola...

alright well in this case would you at least approve of a situation where players attributes can improve such as in the case of Drogba when he use to be pants in the french lower leagues and then got really good at marseille?

I believe this already exists in the game...

I disagree with the idea of improving statistics because of form because it makes the game a little bit easier, making it easier to recognise good form. If someone is in good form then they play well, altering their stats won't affect this but will make it more noticeable.

It also makes it possible to be suseptible to buying a player who you think is a good player, but is merely in a good run of form and is not as good as you think. Not a fan of this.

But this is all opinion, there are no right or wrong answers

I believe this already exists in the game...

I disagree with the idea of improving statistics because of form because it makes the game a little bit easier, making it easier to recognise good form. If someone is in good form then they play well, altering their stats won't affect this but will make it more noticeable.

It also makes it possible to be suseptible to buying a player who you think is a good player, but is merely in a good run of form and is not as good as you think. Not a fan of this.

But this is all opinion, there are no right or wrong answers
I've seen players in previous saves that performed amazingly well scored bag loads of goals in the lower leagues and no bigger league teams would sign them just because they're attributes were lousy.

I've seen players in previous saves that performed amazingly well scored bag loads of goals in the lower leagues and no bigger league teams would sign them just because they're attributes were lousy.

To be fair, you don't get it in real life football either. You get lots of players who perform well at lower league but no 'big' team takes the risk and buys them.

It also makes it possible to be suseptible to buying a player who you think is a good player, but is merely in a good run of form and is not as good as you think. Not a fan of this

doesn't this happen in real life though? players like massimo taibi, tomas brolin, francis jeffers when he signed for arsenal, and scevchenko at chelsea.

to a certain extent you could include jason scotland at wigan, torres at chelsea, krancjar at spurs (compared to when he was at portsmouth) and any of the englishmen that have tried to play at real madrid recently.

doesn't this happen in real life though? players like massimo taibi, tomas brolin, francis jeffers when he signed for arsenal, and scevchenko at chelsea.

to a certain extent you could include jason scotland at wigan, torres at chelsea, krancjar at spurs (compared to when he was at portsmouth) and any of the englishmen that have tried to play at real madrid recently.

Shevchenko was a marvelous player for AC Milan for many years, maybe English football just didn't suit him. Torres was also fantastic but injuries robbed him of his pace that gave him the advantage. Both of these eventualities exist in the game.

But thats beside the point. Yes it can happen in real life but I think its more a case of poor scouting or the player struggling to adapt to a step up in class/a move to England

I'd say there should be a mix - Ability Attributes - Form Attributes - Same stats in each but the ability stats are the players average base stats then due to confidence / form they drop above or below those margins - that way you have an idea of how good the player is overall but you also see the effect of good / bad form.

I agree to the idea here. But, it will be wrong if a player's attributes increase with good run of form in several (say 5 or 10 games) only. If this to be considered, it must follow the Dynamic League Reputation system. It will not increase much in the short term, the result will often show in long term saves.

To make this idea work, PA still must be set like we have now, but it can increase or decrease automatically depending on long term form. This way, every player don't have fixed PA, making the game more exciting, as every player has the ability to be world class if they maintain good form..

It will be nice if this happens..

Last edited:
I agree to the idea here. But, it will be wrong if a player's attributes increase with good run of form in several (say 5 or 10 games) only. If this to be considered, it must follow the Dynamic League Reputation system. It will not increase much in the short term, the result will often show in long term saves.

To make this idea work, PA still must be set like we have now, but it can increase or decrease automatically depending on long term form. This way, every player don't have fixed PA, making the game more exciting, as every player has the ability to be world class if they maintain good form..

It will be nice if this happens..

I was thinking like half a seasons worth of games as the basis, i.e. the time it took for charlie adam to be recognized by Liverpool.

Back