Dynamic rivalries?

• Thread starter Thread starter SRB19
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 4K

SRB19

Reaction score
I have been wondering about this for some time and especially after I started a Hertha BSC save but is it possible for rivalries to form?
Let's say I take Hertha to the top of German football alongside Bayern and Dortmund and there are no relations between me and those clubs. It would be weird if there would no rivalry form if I was competing with them for league titles year after year. Currently my only rivalries are with Schalke and Union Berlin and none of those derbies are fierce rivals.
If not I have thought of just adding new teams as rivals through the In-game editor.

I honestly don't know if it's in the game mechanics, but I just noticed in my Arsenal save, after beating Stoke, that the journalists were asking questions as if I just beat a rival (e.g. same questions you will get with Arsenal after playing Chelsea). Didn't check to see if Stoke was listed as a rival of mine (if so HOW?!) but will next time I fire my save up :)

I think that Stoke and Arsenal are listed as rivals due to the real life "heated" nature of those games and differences between the clubs - the managers, playing styles and the Shawcross/Ramsey incident.

Hmm, Stoke is not listed as a rival at all, I see:

View attachment 316260

Altough I do understand what you're saying.

Could it be something with Mark Hughes and me had some spats last season in the press?

Ah... Arsenal are listed as a rival of Stoke, but not the other way around.

Back