kiedude

Reaction score
Hello!

I've actually decided to go for this again. On FM14 I made East Stirlingshire the Champions of Europe twice, having some of the best players in the world play for us. I struggled to get into FM15 at all, so that was a failure. But I've owned FM16 for two days and have already completed a season with the team, so getting into it isn't an issue.

So, lets make East Stirlingshire the best club in Europe once again!

Background Of The Club

East Stirlingshire were founded in 1881 in Falkirk, Scotland. They currently play in Ochilview Park, Stenhousemuir sharing with local rivals Stenhousemuir. They have a fierce rivalry with Falkirk and a less intense rivalry with Stenhousemuir. The most famous man in East Stirlingshire history is without a doubt Sir Alex Ferguson, who managed them for a period in 1974 before moving to St Mirren. Recently they have stayed in the Scottish League 2 and are known for being one of the worst teams in the league. In 2006 the book 'Pointless' with the subtitle 'A season with Britain's worst football team' was published, which goes over the teams shocking ability and an overall summary on how they were ran. Pretty much sums the clubs history up until now up.

Anyway, that's enough talking. I'll make a post summarising the first season (Spoiler alert: nothing happenned) and then a post previewing the second season, which should hopefully be slightly more interesting.

Season 1 Review

So Season 1 was pretty dull and nothing much happened. A few good signings, but no world beaters.

Here's how the league table looked

View attachment 218035
We lost the playoff spot on the last day. I was pretty gutted.

And transfers

View attachment 218033
View attachment 218032
View attachment 218030
View attachment 218029
Only bothered showing the best players, the rest were either fairthy average or loans. Still impressed with these three, although Muir wants to go to a bigger club, so that sucks.

Will bring out a season two preview before the end of the night.

Season 2 Preview

An encouraging pre season all round. Some solid young signings who can definitely get a game from time to time and a few good friendly results

Friendlies

View attachment 217991
Mostly just done for money, nothing much to say. We beat the teams we should beat, we lost to the teams we should lose to.

Transfers

View attachment 217990

View attachment 217987
View attachment 217985
View attachment 217983
View attachment 217981
View attachment 217979
View attachment 217988
Yeah. Queens Park are cool. But seriously some good prospects here. Some of the 16 and 17 year olds are almost good enough for the first team, and will most likely get a few games. A good loanee from our parent club Celtic and some nice regens.

League Preview

View attachment 217977
Last season we were predicted 9th, so this is nice.

No idea what point of the season the next update will be, so sorry about that. But yeah, some kind of update to come.​

Season Two - First Quarter

Have decided to do the updates in quarters of the season, which will mean 9 league games plus cup games. We've had a successful start to the season, but a few frustrating results.

Fixtures

View attachment 217753
A very nice start. 6 wins and 3 losses in the league. Most games we deserved to win, with solid performances and good football, although the Queen's Park result flattered us. Also the Clyde game was a total disaster with two red cards, which messed up the Berwick game as two key players were suspended. In the Challenge Cup we really should've beat Stirling, but in the League Cup it was a fair defeat to a better Queen Of The South team.

League Table

View attachment 217752
Second in the league is fair enough, but I feel like we're a better team than East Fife and should do better than them. We have them at home next game so that's where I aim to prove my point.

Star Player

View attachment 217747
Not one of my best footballers, but 7 assists in 6 league games is very good and definitely deserves it. Honorable mention goes to Rory Currie on loan from Celtic, with 5 goals and 2 assists in 6 league games, however he hasn't quite been overall as good in my opinion.

Next update will be a half way in season two update, will try and get that out at some point tonight.

Season Two - Half Way There

So that's us half way through the season, and it's been a great second quarter.

Fixtures

View attachment 216706
We had a terrible start, and when we lost 4-0 to Brora I knew we needed change. Fines were given, tactics were rethinked and here we are. A lovely run, two cup victories and a good amount of league wins. There were two obvious standout games though...

View attachment 216705
View attachment 216704
We went into the Stirling game having lost our last 3 against them, and we went into the Berwick game with Berwick having won their last 4 games. So very impressive.

League Table

View attachment 216703
Being top by 4 points is a nice feeling. So yeah, keep this form up and we should win the league. Next round of the Scottish Cup we have Ayr away, and if we win that I think we could get a Premiership team, so we could maybe get a glamour tie like Celtic, which would be amazing.

Next update will be showing how the title race is looking in it's last nine games, as well as any January transfers that might happen

Well done

I am looking forward to seeing how you do as I am doing the exactly same save. Currently played 15 games of season 1 and 4th in table so long with East Stirlingshire. Not easy but thoroughly enjoying it! You are doing really well so keep up the good work mate.

That cup run is rely impressive.