kevin222

Reaction score
What does it mean if a keeper has like 20 Eccentricity. What is that? What does it do?

He's more likely to show off and try make super saves all the time. But doing that will increase the risk of it all going wrong. So the lower the better Imo! I'd say 10 or less is okay.

What Carter said, he will go for TV saves ect.

"Strange and unconventional behaviour"

Eccentricity is not necessarily a bad trait to have. Sounds strange? Well, if you just want him in a conventional GK role, then yes it is an unnecessary burden. But if you want him in a more adventurous role like a sweeper keeper, then it is not a bad trait to have, provided you have the other requisite mental traits like creativity and decisions. You don't want an eccentric freak who is an idiot as well.

i always thought it meant he was unorthodox goalkeeper like hed punch more and do ungoalie like things like come out box

or save with feet and score goal or peno like that foreign keeper whats his name? :)

chivralet and who else...

eccentric keeper = david james! ;)

That colombian keeper, or was he ecuadorian, the one who did the scorpian kick in a game, he defines eccentricity

I would say it unpredictability but, like Carter, the lower the better.

This is example of 'eccentric'

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCxe4r6SjH0"]YouTube - Rene Higuita and the Scorpion kick[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EQHMlciy2E&feature=related"]YouTube - Rogério Ceni dando um chapéu no Tuta[/ame]

I quote from the manual:"[FONT=&quot]This attribute represents the likelihood of the goalkeeper to do the unexpected and typically act completely un-like a goalkeeper. Things like dribbling out of his area will be commonplace if the eccentricity attribute is high."

And also note that the Sweeper Keeper role lists Eccentricity as an important attribute. However, if you want your GK to be the vanilla type, having low Eccentricity is the way to go.

PS: Buffon has 16 eccentricity.
[/FONT]

Two Words - FABIEN BARTHEZ

I doubt if even a GK with Eccentricity 20 can play like Barthez :p