Abbott

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there is a database available that has all the state leagues in Australia which allows promotion/relegation to and from the A-league? I have the database with the state leagues in it, but its not very fun playing in them since you don't gain anything from winning the league.

I doubt it but if the teams are already on the data editor I could do it depending how long it would take

do you know if the teams are already on the data editor?

yeah they should be on the data editor already

You could use the editor to edit the league rules ie promotion/relegation/prizemoney. I can't remember how far down the actual AUS db goes to but it should only be 2 or 3

I was just wondering if there is a database available that has all the state leagues in Australia which allows promotion/relegation to and from the A-league? I have the database with the state leagues in it, but its not very fun playing in them since you don't gain anything from winning the league.

I could make one for you if you want, shouldn't be too hard to make up.

I've been working on one for a while. I started doing it because, honestly, all the Aussie database I've tried have been pretty poor. :S

It is pretty thoroughly tested - but I'm still fixing things here and there. I don't have much time at the moment to polish it off, as I have two more Uni assignments due very soon. But once those are done, I will probably upload it here. I will try to upload it sometime next week :D

Here is what I've done so far (this is all subject to change - I'm constantly tweaking it):

• 16 Team A-League with 3 relegation spots
  • 20 Team B-League with 3 relegation spots + a playoff for the third promotion spot (I will probably change the league names to something more imaginative :p)
  • 24 Team C-League with 4 relegation spots + a playoff for the third promotion spot
  • A D-League with 4 sub-divisions of 24 teams. Only the top team from each division qualifies for promotion.
  • State teams added to the A-league have been slightly buffed (in terms of player CA and PA, money, attendances) so they don't get completely destroyed when they face the original A-league teams.
  • B-League teams have been slightly buffed so when they are promoted they have at least a small chance of staying up.
  • Two cups so far. The Hyundai FFA Cup - only entrants are A-League clubs. And the Australian Cup where all teams are entered. The winner of each of these cups wins qualification to the Asian Champions League. This was the best way to do this IMO - due to the limitations of the editor in regards to Australian clubs qualifying for the ACL.
  • Other stuff I've forgotten.
Edit: Just remembered: increased the CA and PA of some upcoming Australian talents like, Tommy Oar, Michael Langerak (he is moving to Dortmund this season - so he's not bad) and Scott Jamieson.

Last edited: