Editing .dbc file?

• Thread starter Thread starter Dusty78DK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 11K

Dusty78DK

Reaction score
Which program do you recommend for editing or creating .dbc files?

the standard editor that can be downloaded from steam, and is found in the tools section.

the standard editor that can be downloaded from steam, and is found in the tools section.

I know, but i works poorly

When I load someone elses dbc file to correct some error all the information is "greyed out" and not available for editing.

I was under the impression that you editing people ;) used something else.

Why can't I use the standart editor? I have the same problem when I try to create lower divisions for France and Brazil. All the information is greyed out and it's impossible to change anything

Why is this editor so frustrating? In Fm 2010 editing was so easy!

can you upload a screenshot, sounds like you have a problem with your editor, you say dbc file (which is just a compressed xml file)
can you edit xml files within the editor ?

can you upload a screenshot, sounds like you have a problem with your editor, you say dbc file (which is just a compressed xml file)
can you edit xml files within the editor ?

This is how it looks like if I load a xml file with the Spanish Lower divisions:
View attachment 240918

Almost all information is "greyed out" so I can't change it.​

LOL, your adding lower leagues to the database competitions so the only things your be able to edit is the inactive leagues for example in the third division change inactive division to league now everything below is editable.

In the sub divisions the little boxes in the main screen can be ticked and then your able to edit away, if you want to edit prize money/squad rules etc click on tabs at top and either tick boxes or click add at bottom of page.

LOL, your adding lower leagues to the database competitions so the only things your be able to edit is the inactive leagues for example in the third division change inactive division to league now everything below is editable.

In the sub divisions the little boxes in the main screen can be ticked and then your able to edit away, if you want to edit prize money/squad rules etc click on tabs at top and either tick boxes or click add at bottom of page.

Yes, but I cannot see which teams belongs to the sub divisions and the number of relegations + promotions is also nowhere to be found. Or maybe i'm just a n00b?

I have two great files I want to play but both of them say that the number of relegations/promotions is incorrect.

Please look at this error.

View attachment 240919

How do I correct this?

you need to sort the teams into the sub-divisions, in the default competition all the teams are in the parent comp.

Read through this it may help http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/tran...s-editing/90553-fm12-data-editor-dummies.html, unfortunately I don't have the time to go step by step through the process for you so hopefully your find your answers in there somewhere :)

The editing for dummies is good, but not very useful for this particular problem

Now I've changed the rules in the file, but it claims I shouldn't relegate teams from the lowest division. Fair enough, I set the relegated teams to 0, but the error is the same. Solution?

Back