Editing help please!

• Thread starter Thread starter gwat84
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 2K

gwat84

Reaction score
Hi guys, i expect this has a really simple answer so sorry if u think im wasting your time!

My problem is- i can find & access the fm2010 editior fine & i've changed the stats of the players i've wanted to change but then when i go & start the actual game the stats havent been updated? Please help!

Many thanks, Gwat84

start a new game, and it will say how many databases are enabled, and tick the box to change them and disable all but enable the database with the changed stats and then just start a new game :)

start a new game, and it will say how many databases are enabled, and tick the box to change them and disable all but enable the database with the changed stats and then just start a new game :)
Thanks. It jst comes up with the choices of 10.2 update, 10.3 update or default. Which do i choose? Sometimes i've done it |& some of the players new stats are there but not all of them?

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:04 PM ----------

Someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whichever patch you loaded up at the start using the editor :)

But there is no option to use the editor! The only option i have on the start screen is to change which database i use! Please help!!!!

what he means is, what database did you load up and edit in the editor?

if you don't know go and load your editor up again and check.

Then use that one

i would have thought its the latest one

I load up the same database as the database i choose to start on the start screen! Someone said i wasnt saving the edited file properly or that i might have to merge files??????????

oh ok, well as long as your loading up for example the 10.3 database then editing it, then loading up that database it should work fine!

you can save your editing as a merged file with the existing database. so that you don't have the preference on whether you use it or not with the start up screen.

but really :S you should start a new game make sure the editing you have saved is ticked on the correct database and start it up.

otherwise, sorry mate i really don't know

Nope tried all that, should be simple but for some reason it aint happening! Like i said before, sometimes some of the chanbges are in the game but not all of them!????? Thanks for trying to help tho!

ye i understand that, a lot of people edit it themselves to make it as similar to real life as possible.

how much have you edited mate? is it a couple of transfers? or a lot of stuff. if its not a lot start again!

to an earlier thing you said about stats... what have you edited?

and are you sure there isn't an option just underneath where you choose which database to amend what files you want to use?

also another thought, saved it in the right place? needs to be in the right folder :P

I want to take over as manager of Hereford & i've just upped the stats of some players. Some have changed but not all!???

thats because of their current and potential ability. if you just change their attributes it wont necessarily work.

especially with hereford there wont be many players with a really good CA or PA.

when your on hereford, staff and players then players.

ryan green is at the top on mine, dont know whether yours is different. nation, age, squad number, current ability, potential ability and position should be across the columns?

click on the player, under general to make them AMAZING e.g. all 20's those need to be at 200 both of them.

if your just tweaking then just use common sense compared to other players on the game

that help at all?

Yeh i havent changed the current/potential ability before only the attributes but that has worked with some players. What i cant work out is why i cant seem to get this option box to tick to select the edited files???

if i was you i would adapt the abilities to get a better effect ;)

and it should have a box that says change, you tick it. then ok, it will load up another screen where you tick what you want and confirm again :/.

how about to test it, download the fm baseshire database

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1931

to see if you can utilise other editor files?

where have you got this edited file saved?

ye like i said change "adapt" the current and potential ability, as its more effective than just changing attributes

Right i get you. Will just do that then. Thanks alot for your time & help, much appreciated

no problem mate, i remember having LOADS of problems with the editing side of the game. when i changed to apple about a year back.
always willing to help. if you have any other questions and that, just pm me. or search around the threads on here.
although it can get annoying reading so much, i would say 95% of questions will already have the answer on here somewhere

Back