Editing...rules of nation/leagues help please!

• Thread starter Thread starter lee3000
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3K

lee3000

Reaction score
Hey this is my first post here although been playing fm since the beggining :)

after so long iv decided i wanted to edit my own database... i fancied doing something different such as making the number of players on bench per game more than 7, is this possible? if so can you kindly give me a clue where to find this in the editor?

Also i wanted to change another rule in the english premiership... the registeration number (25)
Am i able to edit this? lets say put it to 30men instead? just for my own happiness and enjoyment :)

Hopefully iv get some good advice,
Thank you kindly :) (H)

You'll have to overwrite the leagues in order to get rid of squad numbers etc -- meaning you'll have to re-input all the information.

Sounds like a lot of work, but it isn't really. Go to ADD NATION RULES and select CREATE NEW COMPETITIONS AND RULES from the pop-up menu. Choose England from CURRENT NATIONS.

You then do whatever you want in the settings.

Thank you very much for the fast reply... iv gone into the options you said, never done this much editing before should be interesting.. lets hope i can get the right info in :)

Thanks for the help :)

Good luck :) By the way, I put England in my first post -- then noticed you didn't say which league you want to edit. Choose whichever league you want to play.

hey you was right im am aiming for the england leagues, so far ive done the premiership :)
one confussion i have is when setting up the play off's do i select "championship playoff" or "promotion play off"? im not 100% sure

also do i set the blue square north n south as sub divisions?

thanks for the help once again :)

For setting up play-offs you need to use the 'promotion play-off' tab. If you choose the 'championship play-off' tab then it will be a play-off for the title of that division. Another note worth knowing is that if you want 3 teams promoted from Championship, as in real life, and you're using the play-off system, then in the Championship settings set the 'Number of promotion place' to 2 as the third place goes to the play-off winners. If you select 3 promotion places then the actual number promoted will be 4 (and the game won't run because of the conflict in relegation/promotion places).

You can set the Blue Square up as North and South sub-divisions using the Blue Square as the parent league (the one that has no teams assigned to it). As far as I know, the games engine doesn't do a very good job of deciphering who should go where after relegation / promotion though, so you might want to scrap that system?

Don't forget to check the disciplinary rules for your league too because the default setting means you'll have players being suspended all over the place.

Use the TEST NATION RULES button as you complete each competition -- this checks your competition layouts for faults and tells you what's wrong, if anything :)

Last edited:
if you want the blue square north and blue square south to have the regional split working better then you will need to go through each club and give them a regional division to be relegated/promoted to, and make sure every club has a city with co-ordinates for their ground. this doesn't fix 100% of the problems with regional divisions but it makes it work better with alot less random switching of clubs.

Back