The Shots

Banned
Reaction score
Share your editing secrets here!

I found out that loads of teams are already on the game. About 100 from zimbabwe, however they haven't been put in an inactive league.
Loads of teams are hiding in 'A Lower League.'

Go to Competitions>Search Bar>A Lower League

What do you know?

If I shared all of my secrets I wouldn't have a unique edge on the other editors.:D
The Only secret I will share is the editor is extremely manipulability.8-|

I don't think there are many secrets to share in the editor itself, but if you start playing about with the .xml coding and other 'exterior' files you can do some great stuff.

My autistic nan could have told you that.
[SARCASM]LOL[/SARCASM]

I mean there are extra teams, that the millions we already know about.
Lots of teams are playable, but this will save additional league editors loads of time instead of creating new teams.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

If I shared all of my secrets I wouldn't have a unique edge on the other editors.:D
The Only secret I will share is the editor is extremely manipulability.8-|
Don't share your secrets if you dont want to, but what do you mean?

Merging databases should only be done as a last resort all Players/Clubs should have the same unique ID on both Dbs. You cant merge two nation rules Dbs only data ie People,Teams,League Placement etc.

Load up game that you want the merged data to appear then go to file tab and select merge data then select Db you want to add data from.

REMEMBER TO SAVE MERGED Db UNDER DIFFERENT NAME. so you still have original copy until your sure all is OK

Merging databases should only be done as a last resort all Players/Clubs should have the same unique ID on both Dbs. You cant merge two nation rules Dbs only data ie People,Teams,League Placement etc.

Load up game that you want the merged data to appear then go to file tab and select merge data then select Db you want to add data from.

REMEMBER TO SAVE MERGED Db UNDER DIFFERENT NAME. so you still have original copy until your sure all is OK
So you do not recommend me to do this so can I play 2 DB at the same time but without any problems?
eg 1 DB is league 1 DB is players

So you do not recommend me to do this so can I play 2 DB at the same time but without any problems?
eg 1 DB is league 1 DB is players

Try it, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. just remember not to overwrite original files

Share your editing secrets here!

I found out that loads of teams are already on the game. About 100 from zimbabwe, however they haven't been put in an inactive league.
Loads of teams are hiding in 'A Lower League.'

Go to Competitions>Search Bar>A Lower League

What do you know?

The are in A Lower League in order to have players play matches in a league. If these teams would have no league, they would not be able to play matches (since ZImbabwe is not an option to load for leagues). These are not secret teams, there are many teams visible in your fm game that play in a Lower League. Some teams are not visible in fm though, because theyre reputation is set very very low. So in order to get these teams in your game, give them a reputation of over 1000, and make sure you load some African teams (in the case of Zimbabwe).

The are in A Lower League in order to have players play matches in a league. If these teams would have no league, they would not be able to play matches (since ZImbabwe is not an option to load for leagues). These are not secret teams, there are many teams visible in your fm game that play in a Lower League. Some teams are not visible in fm though, because theyre reputation is set very very low. So in order to get these teams in your game, give them a reputation of over 1000, and make sure you load some African teams (in the case of Zimbabwe).

i think the shots' point was when you're creating a new team you would start from scratch but it would save some time to use the tiny rep 'a lower league' team and just reaname/change a few details.

Also i believe this would solve the problem of the phantom unique id you get when creating new teams. With 'a lower league' teams having been in the db from the start then their unique id's shouldn't fluxuate - this making it far easier to attach the fantasy kit you undoubtedly want for the new team

Not 100% sure on this one. But I think creating a new team from schratch doesn't give any problems with unique ID's. It just adds an ID for the team right, so the A Lower League thing doesn't have much to do with that...
The Shots mentioned these teams were hiding, all I'm saying is A Lower League wasn't made to hide any team, and he asked 'what do you know' so all I'm giving is what I know ;)
cheers

Last edited:
The tams are not exactly hiding but its fun to place all those thousand or so low rep teams into different competetions and stuff.....Like I am making ann East Timor Fantasy League soon which will feature Sporting Afrique and Etoile FC. which are both made up of only African and French players respectively to add some spice to the league and I am also finidng moore of such clubs

Not 100% sure on this one. But I think creating a new team from schratch doesn't give any problems with unique ID's. It just adds an ID for the team right, so the A Lower League thing doesn't have much to do with that...
The Shots mentioned these teams were hiding, all I'm saying is A Lower League wasn't made to hide any team, and he asked 'what do you know' so all I'm giving is what I know ;)
cheers

when making team from scratch the editor gives the team a unique id but often in the game the team shows a different unique id - this makes it difficult/impossible to make a config to attach any kits or logos to that team

with the 'hidden' teams, they were always there to start off with so their unique id will remain the same in editor and game, so if when making a new team you just use a hidden team instead of starting from scratch then you can still do configs for kits and logos :)

and what he means by hidden is that they are effectively useless because they aren't in any playable competitions and their reputation is so low that they wont always be loaded up when the game starts - and not everybody will know of their existance

when making team from scratch the editor gives the team a unique id but often in the game the team shows a different unique id - this makes it difficult/impossible to make a config to attach any kits or logos to that team

with the 'hidden' teams, they were always there to start off with so their unique id will remain the same in editor and game, so if when making a new team you just use a hidden team instead of starting from scratch then you can still do configs for kits and logos :)

and what he means by hidden is that they are effectively useless because they aren't in any playable competitions and their reputation is so low that they wont always be loaded up when the game starts - and not everybody will know of their existance

Haha, I agree on all three comments. I thought the guy just wondered if there was a secret place were non-existing teams were hiding and I simply wanted him to get ouyt of this dream but your story is more based on the editing functions of these teams, all things are true. It is easier to start making or using these teams. But is that their purpose in the editor? To be there waiting for someone to turn them into a decent club or placing him in some weird East Timor League??

Haha, I agree on all three comments. I thought the guy just wondered if there was a secret place were non-existing teams were hiding and I simply wanted him to get ouyt of this dream but your story is more based on the editing functions of these teams, all things are true. It is easier to start making or using these teams. But is that their purpose in the editor? To be there waiting for someone to turn them into a decent club or placing him in some weird East Timor League??

aha well i guess they are there so that you can do both those things really - you can edit what you like :)

si make a lot of playable leagues but there are so many that dont get made - the editor allows you to create playable leagues in minor countries and chances are that some the real clubs from those countires exist in the editor 'hiding' in a lower league so then they do have a use :) but also due many of the small teams having no real details/history other than a team name then they are ideal to use when creating a new team

the editor is a wonderful tool :wub:

I agree its much easier editing an existing club instead of creating a new one from scratch