ZeCarlos

Reaction score
Right lads, I'm after some help if anybody knows how to do what I'm after as I can sort most of it - I'm just not sure on one or two things.

Firstly, I'm interested in completely changing the American Leagues. I've set most of it up but I'm still becoming stuck on some things. Firstly, I've split the country into two different sections like it currently is in real life - the Eastern and the Western. Each conference has ten teams in - so there are twenty altogether.

This is when the big changes begin. I thought that once the regional conferences finish, the teams could be split into two leagues. The top five of each conference could be 'promoted' - if you like - into a Premier Division. The bottom five of each conference could be 'relegated' - if you like - into a Championship. Therefore, the bottom five teams of each conference would be in one league made of ten teams altogether; and the top five of each conference would play in one league made of ten teams altogether. I've managed to set up all of the leagues - but when it comes to adding the nations rules in - I can't add the Premier Division and Championship as there are currently no teams registered for them.

If anybody can help, or needs it explaining further, please respond. Your help is appreciated.

I also forgot to add in; if it wasn't clear, I want all of this to be in one season too. So every single year, each team has to play in their conference in hope of a promotion to the Premier Division and try and avoid relegation to the Championship. Hope that is clear.

Since asking for advice this morning, I've completely changed the system; despite that, I've come across more problems. I first created a first, second and third division. These worked completely fine with the teams entered and the game plays fine. However, I wanted to add an extra competition - a regional conference (east and west) - much like the actual American leagues. However, I split these conferences into several different levels, just like the Brazilian state championships (Rio de Janiero state championship etc). So I have Eastern Conference one, then Eastern Conference two etc. I added the conferences as sub divisions and now when I try and add promotions between the conference one and conference two, the editor states "Conflicting number of promoted teams between East Conference Championships (the overall conference) and Eastern Conference Second (the second conference)". Does anybody have any clue/advice? It would be much appreciated. Thanks.

If my explanation is confusing or anybody would like to take a look themselves; here is the file.

View attachment 248795

Last edited: