Editor - General Queries

Reaction score
Can you have teams promoted or relegated from a Nation Rules Main Division to a Secondry Division?

Number of rounds - if I set a league to 1 for this entry will the teams only play each other once or will they play each other home & away once?

When setting up Nation Rules is there a way of relegating teams from a division directly down to a division 2 levels below it or does a team automatically get relegated to the next level of divisions?

1. no you can't
2. they will only play each other once, you need to set t to 2 to get both home and away fixtures.
3.they go to the next level down, although you can set up multiple divisions on the same level.

Thanks for the reply Sammyt appreciate the response my friend.

I'm trying to create a realistic Wales DB down to local league level - there are at least 9 tiers to add to the Welsh Premier but its proving to be a huge headache. Who would have thought that this would be so difficult eh? Right back to the drawing board with the league structure - looks like no sleep and plenty of coffee and the occasional curse at the imaginary cat again!

You wouldnt happen to know a decent psychiatrist would yah? I must be going mad trying to do this as a first DB....

Thanks for the reply Sammyt appreciate the response my friend.

I'm trying to create a realistic Wales DB down to local league level - there are at least 9 tiers to add to the Welsh Premier but its proving to be a huge headache. Who would have thought that this would be so difficult eh? Right back to the drawing board with the league structure - looks like no sleep and plenty of coffee and the occasional curse at the imaginary cat again!

You wouldnt happen to know a decent psychiatrist would yah? I must be going mad trying to do this as a first DB....

it sounds like you've taken on a really hard task for your first db.

it might be worth spending abit of time playing around with sub divisions first so you'll find it easier to sort out teh relegation and promotion when you get lower down the pyramid. e.g. 2nd to 3rd tier where you need one of the 2 divisions to go to one division and the other one to split down to 3 divisions. i can't remember how many levels are in teh default game (is it 1?) but i think there's 11 in total if you want to go all the way down the league system.

i know wikipedia's no the best of sources but this would be a start for figuring out the structure.
Welsh football league system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

it sounds like you've taken on a really hard task for your first db.

it might be worth spending abit of time playing around with sub divisions first so you'll find it easier to sort out teh relegation and promotion when you get lower down the pyramid. e.g. 2nd to 3rd tier where you need one of the 2 divisions to go to one division and the other one to split down to 3 divisions. i can't remember how many levels are in teh default game (is it 1?) but i think there's 11 in total if you want to go all the way down the league system.

i know wikipedia's no the best of sources but this would be a start for figuring out the structure.
Welsh football league system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It took me about 3 weeks to get all the info for the complete picture of the structure - you're right there are 10 levels below the Welsh Prem. Ive had a crack at setting up the Nation Rules, the first 4 levels are simple but there are a couple of tricky issues at level 5 when relegation filters into 2 or more regional leagues which have given me a few lost hours of contemplation as to how to get the rules organised

To rub salt in the wound the regional s wales leagues will restructure for 2015/16. Not as bad as it sounds as they're going to combine 2 leagues at the same level that covered the same regional area. I may have to go with the new proposed version and work out a compromise in a couple of other levels due to the crazy set up of our leagues.

I take it that secondary leagues are just stand alone leagues then and would be useless in bypassing the editors linear promotion/relegation rules?

Once again though, thanks for the reply at least I can curb some of my niave enthusiasm for DB creations now :D

It took me about 3 weeks to get all the info for the complete picture of the structure - you're right there are 10 levels below the Welsh Prem. Ive had a crack at setting up the Nation Rules, the first 4 levels are simple but there are a couple of tricky issues at level 5 when relegation filters into 2 or more regional leagues which have given me a few lost hours of contemplation as to how to get the rules organised

To rub salt in the wound the regional s wales leagues will restructure for 2015/16. Not as bad as it sounds as they're going to combine 2 leagues at the same level that covered the same regional area. I may have to go with the new proposed version and work out a compromise in a couple of other levels due to the crazy set up of our leagues.

I take it that secondary leagues are just stand alone leagues then and would be useless in bypassing the editors linear promotion/relegation rules?

Once again though, thanks for the reply at least I can curb some of my niave enthusiasm for DB creations now :D

secondary divisions aren't exactly stand alone, but they aren't part of the "league pyramid". the best example of how secondary divisions work is the brazilian league system. there they have their league structure, but they also have state championships which also have levels, i think one of them goes down 9 levels in the state championship. anyway what i'm trying to say is that they are totally seperate to the normal league pyramid so you can't go from a secondary division to a main division, and you can't get in to europe by winning a secondary division.

secondary divisions aren't exactly stand alone, but they aren't part of the "league pyramid". the best example of how secondary divisions work is the brazilian league system. there they have their league structure, but they also have state championships which also have levels, i think one of them goes down 9 levels in the state championship. anyway what i'm trying to say is that they are totally seperate to the normal league pyramid so you can't go from a secondary division to a main division, and you can't get in to europe by winning a secondary division.

Yeah I looked at the Brazil structure, pretty impressive. I may just put the West Wales FA in a secondary division as they dont usually promote their teams into the full Welsh structure IRL. Its a work around for one of the headache I had with the league pyramid. It would have been great to have them contributing fully but if the editor cant handle it theres not much else I can do with them I suppose.

Right its nearing 5 so I'm calling it a day at the office, I'll let you know how I get on if your interested Sammy? The plan is to get as full a structure as I can and then its the fun of trying to find logos and kits for the team the teams I need to create to fill these leagues.. If its ok with yah can I as your advice on editor issues if they come up?

yeah it's fine for you to ask me for advice, i can't garuntee i'll have all the answers but hopefully we can figure it out between the 2 of us. in the mean time i'll try and come up with a way that you can include the west wales fa leagues in the main pyramid and get it to make sense in the editor without relgating half a league.

i've been thinking about it and seeing as teh other 2 regions it splits to have top divisions mybe you could create a fake top west wales league, this would make teams from that section slightly more financially viable to bring them in relation to the othr area and stop it being 1 to 7 but 1 to 4 which is more manageable. you could take the top 2 from each of the west wales leagues from that level in terms of eitehr reputation or if you can find last years league table tehn from there and put them in the west wales premier then have it split down to the 4 sub divisions again.

Last edited:
Back