Some mixed results but still going strong, the semi final is particularly hard to take!

Some great results in Europe mate!

Can I ask what face pack and logo pack you are using? The faces look particularly good

Some mixed results but still going strong, the semi final is particularly hard to take!

Yeah I'm pretty gutted to go out in the Semi's, especially after we'd already done the hard work and knocked out Celtic! Hopefully we get another shot at some silverware this season.

Some great results in Europe mate!

Can I ask what face pack and logo pack you are using? The faces look particularly good

Thanks man. I didn't have much hope when I saw the group, but its going surprisingly well so far.

I just transferred over the graphics I was using on FM17. Facepack is called "Scope Faces Megapack 2016" and the logos are called "B'Logos Megapack by StuW" at least thats how they are named on my PC anyway!

View attachment 76558

November

Rangers 1 – 1 Sevilla

View attachment 76557

Another decent point against a strong Sevilla side. We got the early break through, as Candeias ghosted in at the back post to tap home a simple goal. However, the quality of this Sevilla side finally showed in the second half, when Muriel pegged back an equaliser. All to play for against Hoffenheim next then.

The result did come at a cost, as my star striker, Herrera is set to miss the next 3 months due to a hip injury. He is my regular goalscorer and is going to be a massive loss up front. Central defender Wilson also picked up a concussion and will be out for a couple of weeks.

View attachment 76556
View attachment 76555

Rangers 3 – 1 Patrick Thistle

View attachment 76554

We managed to get our revenge on Patrick Thistle, following that 4-1 trashing earlier in the season. The lads were fired up from the first whistle and took the game straight to them. I was particularly pleased to see back-up striker, Morelos step up for the injured Herrera and score a brace in a MOTM performance.

Rangers 2 – 0 Hamilton

View attachment 76553

Another comfortable victory, as Peña pulled the strings from midfield. We looked composed and secure at the back, allowing our attacking players the freedom to push forward. Another pleasing performance.

Unfortunately another key player finds his way on to the injury list, as right winger, Candeias twisted his ankle early on. This must be our 4th​ or 5th​ twisted ankle this season! I’m going to need the physio to tape every players ankles up pre-match if this continues!

View attachment 76552

Rangers 1 – 3 Hoffenheim

View attachment 76550

A draw would have been enough to keep us in a really good position going into the final match against Young Boys, but unfortunately this result has meant that qualification is no longer in our hands. Statistically it was a pretty even contest, but they just had that bit more quality and composure in the final third. It has been a tough loss to take but there were positives on show.

Dundee 0 -1 Rangers

View attachment 76549

It looked as though it wasn’t going to be our day following a missed penalty from Windass, but Miller showed he’s still got the killer instinct in front of goal at the age of 37, coming off the bench to make the break through. Despite our dominance, Foderingham made a number of key saves to keep us in it game and rightly picked up the MOTM award.

Central Defender, Cardosa is set for more time on the sidelines after picking up a thigh strain.

View attachment 76548

3 wins out of 3 means that I earn my first career manager of the month award. The first minor accolade of my managerial career.

View attachment 76546

We have managed to narrowly close the gap on Celtic to potentially just 4 points, should we win our game in hand. The league has already become a 2 horse race, as we are now 8 points clear of Motherwell in 3rd​, with a game in hand…

View attachment 76544

We are going to have to realistically beat Young Boys by a 2-3 goal margin, and hope that Hoffenheim beat Sevilla if we are going to progress to the knockout stages. All we can do is win and pray the other result goes our way but or fate is ultimately out of our hands.

View attachment 76543

December is set to be a very busy month, with 8 games to play. The main challenge will be to remain in the title race come the end of December.

View attachment 76542

Last edited:
View attachment 76306

December

Aberdeen 2 -2 Rangers

View attachment 76301
View attachment 1135858

Kenny Miller managed to salvage a point out of a very poor performance at Aberdeen. We made individual errors all over the place today and have consequently dropped a further 2 points in our pursuit of Celtic at the top of the table.

Young Boys 0 - 4 Rangers

View attachment 76305

We knew we needed a big victory to have any chance of qualification and that’s exactly what we managed. The lads were up for the challenge and clinical finishing meant that we scored over 3 goals in a game for only the second time this season.

Unfortunately our 4-0 drumming of Young Boys wasn’t enough to get us to the knockout stages. Sevilla and Hoffenheim drew 0-0 and we therefore miss out by a single point. Although it’s been a better than expected campaign, it’s always disappointing to miss out by such a small margin.

View attachment 76304
View attachment 76303

Rangers 3 – 1 Ross County

View attachment 76302
Morelos was back on form, leading us to yet another League win. It was evident that our good form from Switzerland carried over, as we looked ruthless in front of goal yet again.

The injury list continues to grow as Lee Wallace was the latest to twist his f*****g ankle!!

View attachment 76300

Hibernian 1 – 2 Rangers

View attachment 76299

The fatigue from playing our 4th​ match in 10 days was evident. Rotation is proving more and more difficult due to injuries, so a big toll is being put on those remaining first team players. We looked a bit sluggish and off the pace at the start, but grew into the game and ultimately got the 3 points.

I also had the opportunity to give one of our 16 year old strikers a glimpse of first team football. He is an exciting prospect and am keen to take a closer look at him over the course of the season.

View attachment 76298

Rangers 4 – 0 St Johnstone

View attachment 76297
This equals the biggest win margin of my career on a cold, sleety afternoon in Glasgow. We absolutely bossed the match and threated the St Johnstone goal throughout. Possibly we should have converted more chances, but it’s hard to really grumble over such a scoreline.

Rangers 3 -1 Aberdeen

View attachment 76296

Despite another miserable day in Glasgow, we ensured that the Rangers fans left in a buoyant mood yet again. Another slightly sluggish start, but 3 goals in 10 minutes quickly secured us the victory.

Kilmarnock 0 – 1 Rangers

View attachment 76295

A scrappy win over a struggling Kilmarnock side. They have been struggling all season and I would have expected a victory by a much bigger margin. A performance like that against most other sides wouldn’t have resulted in 3 points.

Rangers 2 – 3 Motherwell

View attachment 76294

A shambolic defensive display from an experienced backline has resulted in a shock defeat at the Ibrox. We were all over the place in defence and was topped off by our most experienced player, Bruno Alves passing a ball straight to Luis Moult in the penalty area to bang home there 3rd​. Although we mounted a late comeback to make the scoreline look a little less humiliating, there is no escaping the embarrassing performance that I along with 48,000 fans just witnessed. Not a good end to the month.

We appear to have made second place safe, but have slipped 9 points behind League leaders Celtic. A title challenge is quickly fading out of reach.

View attachment 76293

Our opening game of the New Year will see us travel across Glasgow to the Celtic Park. This will be my first taste of the derby away from home and should we fail to come away with the 3 points, I think our title challenge will officially be over.

View attachment 76292

9 points is a big gap, even bigger in that league. Still doing well though KIU

View attachment 74828

January

Celtic 2 - 0 Rangers

View attachment 74827

We failed to match up to a strong Celtic side and defeat has effectively ended our title challenge. We gave it a good go but they had to much quality coming forward and picked a part our defence far too easily. Clearly we have much to work on and will be desperately seeking revenge in the next Old Firm rivalry.

Albion Rovers 0 - 2 Rangers

View attachment 74826

Silverware is still a possibility as we progress through to the 5th Round of the Scottish Cup. Mebude scored his first senior goal at the tender age of 16. A landmark day for the teenager and a day he will never forget.

Rangers 0 - 0 Aberdeen

View attachment 74825

A frustrating afternoon
as we struggled to break down a stubborn Aberdeen defence. A disappointing result, especially as we were up against 10 men for a good 30 minutes.

Ross County 0 - 0 Rangers

View attachment 74824

Another poor performance and another bore draw. Despite our dominance, Foderingham was the man of the hour, saving a late penalty to deny a shock defeat. Im just praying our strikers find there shooting boots for February!

After a disappointing month, we find ourselves 19 points adrift of an unbeaten Celtic side. Somehow I cant see us making up that deficit in 14 games...

View attachment 74821

Unsurprisingly Celtic were the big spenders, bringing in 5 players for a combined total of £8.5M. I struggled to identify many good additions within my relatively small budget and settled on just the one signing, a Portuguese LB called Kevin Rodrigues.

View attachment 74823
View attachment 74822

He may not look anything special on paper, but is a strong addition to the side and should be a regular starter within a couple of weeks. He's an attacking fullback that will hopefully provide some vital assists across the season.

A fairly busy February to look forward to as we look to regather some lost form. Most importantly will be our 5th round Cup tie against Queen of the South as we look to reach the Quarter's.

View attachment 74819