Nomadic

Reaction score

Neil Lennon steps down as Bolton manager

View attachment 233328

(I have just realised the dates on this dont make sense, as he was appointed in October and resigned in July :p )

Heskey meets the media

View attachment 233315

"Emile, how does it feel to be sat here as the new Bolton manager?"
Guy Skinner - The Football League Paper

"It feels incredible and with my playing career coming to an end, I am extremely grateful to be given the opportunity to begin my managerial career at a club of Bolton's stature."

"We understand that you have been appointed player manager. How difficult will it be to balance the two roles?
Mark Docherty - FourFourTwo

"It might take a bit of getting used to, but i am confident in my ability to succeed. I have already earned there respect of the lads and know they will give me there all on the pitch. Being player manager also means I can get some guaranteed game time!"

"You are predicted to finish 11th this season, is that the aim?" or do you believe you can do better?"
Brendan Smith - The Guardian

"I had a long chat with the board during my interview and we agreed that a top half finish would be the target, so an 11th place finish would seem a good benchmark. But who knows, a few goals from me and we could be looking at the playoffs!"

"Are we likely to see any new faces coming in over the next few weeks?"
Colin Bain - BBC Radio 5 Live

"As i said I know a lot of the lads through training, so have a pretty good understanding of our strengths and weaknesses within the squad. But unfortunately there isn't any money available to bring anyone in, so will be relying on free agents and loan deals if anything is to happen on the transfer market. Although, on the whole i am pleased with the squad, so I wouldn't necessarily say transfers are vital."

View attachment 233007

There are currently 55 senior players on the books at the club, which is far more than we needed in all honesty. Certain positions have far more cover than we need and will need to be addressed in order to relieve some of the financial pressure on the club.

The next couple of weeks will be key, as I begin to thoroughly evaluate the players at the club, and see who is no longer needed. Unfortunately the main business I will be doing in the transfer window is selling.

Although we have a large squad, there is a lot of talent within it including goalkeeper Adam Bogdan and Mark Davies, who will both play pivotal roles for us this season.

View attachment 232998 View attachment 232997

View attachment 934407
Bolton Sign French Defender Thomas Phibel

View attachment 232996

The one position that i felt need strengthening in the squad was CB, and couldn't resist when i saw Phibel on the free market. He has signed a 2 year contract with the club and on paper looks to be our best central defender. He has a big physical presence that should enable him to control the area, and be a threat from set pieces. It felt to big a bargain to turn down and look forward to seeing him in action come the start of the season.

Great start! Will be following Heskey's career in management with keen interest :D haha

Heskey is a true living legend! Can't wait to see how he does in management. Also, Bolton is a tough team to start with so good luck with that! Max Clayton is an awesome young player to have though! And Bogdan is a great keeper for the Championship as well.

Winning start for Heskey's Bolton

View attachment 232864

What a fantastic to start to the season beating a tough Watford side away from home! They completely bossed the game and probably deserved to win, out shooting us 24 - 9. Having said that we were absolutely outstanding at the back, limiting them to try ambitious long range efforts. We were then clinical up front, with on loan striker Adam Le Fondre stealing the show with a first half brace. I even gave myself a run out for the closing 20 minutes.

A solid start to the season, but work is still needed to be done as 9 times out of 10 we would have lost that match based on the stats!

View attachment 232867

Heskey is a true living legend! Can't wait to see how he does in management. Also, Bolton is a tough team to start with so good luck with that! Max Clayton is an awesome young player to have though! And Bogdan is a great keeper for the Championship as well.

He is indeed! I know they have a massive squad to start with so alot of money is being spent unnecessarily on wages I feel. I also have no budget to bring in players, but there a few decent players in the squad, so feeling quite confident :)

View attachment 232780

An injury time winner from Zach Clough books our place in the 2nd round of the Capital One Cup. I decided to fully rotate the starting lineup from our opening day win against Watford, which included my first start of the season. Despite winning by a 1 goal margin, we dominated the game from start to finish and should really have put the game to bed well before the final whistle. The job was made a little more difficult by Janko's red card in the 72nd minute, but we got the job done in the end.

View attachment 935048
View attachment 232779
We made a blistering start to the match and it took less than a minute to score our first home goal of the season. Unfortunately a poor tackle at the back, gifted Forrest a penalty to draw level. We continued to press forward but couldn't penetrate there defence. A good performance from the guys and we were unlucky not to get all 3 points.

View attachment 935048
View attachment 232776

Again we failed to get all 3 points at home, but this was probably a fair result. Middlesborough were a constant threat down the flanks, and were causing our fullbacks real problems when they came forward. We had to really dig deep in the 2nd half to get the equaliser, which was a credit to Middlesborough's defence.

View attachment 935048
View attachment 232774

MY FIRST GOAL OF THE SEASON!

Tim Ream stole the show as he scored a brace from the left back position, although it was my name getting sprawled all over social media. Brighton are a decent outfit but we completely outplayed them today. Another fantastic away win!

View attachment 935045
View attachment 232773

Another goal from myself helped ensure our place in the 3rd round of the League Cup. It was another good performance from the "second string" team, but a few players are beginning to impress. Unfortunately, i had to hobble off in the 2nd half after twisting my knee but was able to guide us to victory from the sideline.

View attachment 935048
View attachment 232772

Another blistering start ensured a further 3 points points in the League. As the scoreline reflects, it was a tough match and we were fortunate to come away with the win. Leeds looked the better side for much of the game, but we took our chances well and got the job done.

View attachment 232770

What a start to my managerial career!

We are currently on a 7 match unbeaten run in all competitions and sitting in 4th place in the league. Our away form has been sensational, winning all 5 matches. There is obviously a long way to go in the season but we have established a solid foundation to build on.

Last edited:
View attachment 232665

We have been given a tough draw in the 3rd round of the League Cup, away to Spurs. The competition isn't really a priority to me or the club, so will have to decide on match day what strength side to put out. A victory is an unlikely result, and don't want to jeopardise my form in the league. Maybe i should lead the line...

View attachment 935335
View attachment 232654
An all to similar story, as we are held to a 1-1 draw at home for the 3rd time in a row! Again we bossed the game, but couldn't make our domination count, squandering a number of chances in front of goal. More encouraging signs, but I am still waiting for my first win at the Macron Stadium!