Emile Heskey retires from international football

• Thread starter Thread starter timmsy123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 2K
yessssssssss **** yes haha, about 2 months to late though.

Thank God for that, one of the worst players that has ever played for England, useless lump.

The biggest mystery of Fabio Cappello's reign, we need a goal against the Germans, and who do we bring on to get it?

Emile Heskey... oO)

At least next time we won't have to suffer his lack of goals. As a target man he does ok, but I think his time had come before now. So hopefully we'll now see Crouch used more, or even Bobby Zamora get a crack of the whip, maybe even Carlton Cole.

The biggest mystery of Fabio Cappello's reign, we need a goal against the Germans, and who do we bring on to get it?

Emile Heskey... oO)

At least next time we won't have to suffer his lack of goals. As a target man he does ok, but I think his time had come before now. So hopefully we'll now see Crouch used more, or even Bobby Zamora get a crack of the whip, maybe even Carlton Cole.
because the germans were defending incredibly deep. making pacy players like defore fairly useless since they couldnt get behind, and also his strength would allow us to hold onto the ball. zamora would have gone if he wasnt injured

because the germans were defending incredibly deep. making pacy players like defore fairly useless since they couldnt get behind, and also his strength would allow us to hold onto the ball. zamora would have gone if he wasnt injured

But surely Crouch with his scoring record would have been the better option?

Heskey 5 goals last year, Peter Crouch 13 goals, and that's without considering Crouch's international record as well. So Crouch should have come on, heck, even John Terry netted 2 league goals last year to Heskey's 3, so Heskey was hardly the option. But hey, at least Heskey has gone now and we can have goal scoring forwards.

Meh, prepare for a tidal wave of ignorance. I think it'll be interesting to see how strikers that are constantly being lorded as miles better than Heskey fair now. Don't get me wrong Heskey certainly isn't world class but I think he is severly underrated.

Emile Heskey 62 caps, 7 goals. Columbian goalkeeper Rene Higuita, 68 caps 8 goals

But surely Crouch with his scoring record would have been the better option?

Heskey 5 goals last year, Peter Crouch 13 goals, and that's without considering Crouch's international record as well. So Crouch should have come on, heck, even John Terry netted 2 league goals last year to Heskey's 3, so Heskey was hardly the option. But hey, at least Heskey has gone now and we can have goal scoring forwards.
no because crouch gets penalised for fouls because of his height, the taller you are the more often you get blwon up for competing, albeit unfairly so. though we'll see what happens now anyway

Back