Emirates Cottage: The London Revolt - A Joint Story

• Thread starter Thread starter dwight369
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1K

dwight369

Reaction score
So often i have tried to write a successful story but i always get distracted by net games. So this time ive decided to combine the two with my mate kyle (Fried Goose) so this will be a story which we write together as he takes the path of Arsenal and i take the Fulham route. So i hope you guys enjoy :)

“Game after game after game, I realize now what’s most important in my life: Football. Show me something more thrilling than a perfect volley; tell me you’ve never dreamed of the immaculate strike and that passionate moment when an entire nation holds it breath. Tell me that football is not our one common language when the world stops for ninety minutes to be witness to that one special moment.

You could tell me I’m wrong; some may say it’s just a game, but this is about heroes and tribes, loyalties and devotion; it’s our battle and our belief, our commitment and our passion; this is our faith. Now, feel the fever of the crowd, hear the roar of the faithful…you are Ronaldinho, you are Wayne Rooney, this is your moment.”

These words echoed in my head as i drove to training. It was the end of the season, I was at the top of my game. I was a star at Chelsea, the best striker they had. We hadn't won anything lately and we had our chance in 2 weeks against Manchester United in the Champions League final. At the age of 28 this would be my moment, for glory. This was one of our best squads, everyone was ready for action and the atmosphere was high in the camp. Avram Grant had prepared us and even though we had one more league game to go everyone was focused on istanbul.

It was match day, we didnt expect to win the title and knew man utd had it. The game started well and after 8 mins i got my break and i scored my 20th goal of the season in the league, my wife and kids were delighted for me as i was now 3rd top scorer in the league. The match carried on and we got 3 more goals from Lamps, and two from drogsz. As the final whistle approached i took the ball and ran at the opposition defence, the centre back had got his positioning all wrong and came across and lunged.... time stood still for a moment and then i heard it "SNAP" A sickening pain surged through my body and i slumped to the ground. Tears filled in my eyes as i realized my career was over and i would never fulfil my biggest dream..........

uefa-champions-league.jpg

Back