Emmanuel Adebayor retires from Togo international duty

• Thread starter Thread starter Frutty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 1K
Probably completely traumatised from that bus incident. Don't blame him retiring.

Wow, I thought they were in the World Cup? :S

"I am still haunted by the events I witnessed on that horrible afternoon."
He added: "I have weighed up my feelings in the weeks and months since the attack.
"We were just footballers going to play a football match and represent our country, yet we were attacked by people who wanted to kill us all.
"It is a moment I will never forget and one I never want to experience again.
"For nine years I have played for the Togo team and, despite the events in Angola, I have some very good memories of my international career.

Dont blame him but he is only 26 i think he will come out of retirement if they get into the world cup 2014

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Wow, I thought they were in the World Cup? :S

nope they arent in the world cup

I still hate the guts out of him, can see why he retired though.

Meh most African teams are pretty poor tbh, no offense to them.

Feel sorry for him, but I'm sure in a year or so he'll come out and play (Y)

I can see why he's retired, anybody in the same incident would have at least considered it.

I wouldn't
i guess youve been shot at by AK 47S numerous times and had your best friend die in your arms? he made the right decision retiring, especially as african football is unsafe

i guess youve been shot at by AK 47S numerous times and had your best friend die in your arms? he made the right decision retiring, especially as african football is unsafe

I have. On COD (H)

Big loss for Togo there, but I can see why he did it.

Togo are not that great but without him they'll be pretty useless. I think he might reconsider his decision in the future

Back