Emulating Bielsa System in FM 2017 ?

alexilahio

Reaction score
Hello there,

I've been surfig around and I can realize some of the most prolific posters have become very good to create tactics. I've been looking but didn't find any.

I was wondering if anybody would like to try and emulate Marcelo BIELSA's tactics

Either 3331 or 4231. The argentinian coach is famous worldwide and even sometimes gives conferences about his own vision of football.

Lastly he made an impression with Marseille (OM) even if he didn't won the championship : the fans still miss him and are still talking about his agressive pressing plans, offensive et spectacular football and tactical adaptations.

Anybody close to one of his tactics I'm willing to test, exchange ideas. Don't hesitate to post if you achieved in this matter !

If you give me an idea on exactly how they play I will give it a go. I managed to recreate a few tactics in last years version of the game and would be open to trying to recreate a few more in this one. I know they press high up the pitch and try to play attacking football. He has big players at Sevilla, is that generally the case or just the team he has inherited? When they press high is a periodic thing such as Pep under Barcelona with like a 3-4 second push to win the ball back then drop or is it constant harrying? When they play who are the main playmakers for the team and who seems to be creating the opportunities that Ben Yedder is finishing? I have yet to see too much of them this season and unfortunately need a bit more to give it a go?

Anyways anything you can give me to create it is always helpful and I will try to watch as much of them this season and previous Bielsa teams to see how they play.

If you give me an idea on exactly how they play I will give it a go. I managed to recreate a few tactics in last years version of the game and would be open to trying to recreate a few more in this one. I know they press high up the pitch and try to play attacking football. He has big players at Sevilla, is that generally the case or just the team he has inherited? When they press high is a periodic thing such as Pep under Barcelona with like a 3-4 second push to win the ball back then drop or is it constant harrying? When they play who are the main playmakers for the team and who seems to be creating the opportunities that Ben Yedder is finishing? I have yet to see too much of them this season and unfortunately need a bit more to give it a go?

Anyways anything you can give me to create it is always helpful and I will try to watch as much of them this season and previous Bielsa teams to see how they play.[/QUOTE

hey England 66 and thanx for answering
to give you a few ideas

usually it's a 3331
the GK is quick to give the ball to the wing back
the WB play very high on the pitch, they help the only midfielder. More often than usual they tend to play inside instead of staying on their lines !
THE player is the midfielder who takes the ball forward and also has a defensive role. The number 10 is also the key player to the tactic.
The AM work a lot on their defenders. They follow them when they attack and thus run a large nber of kms.
They combine with the WB when attacking.
The striker is not a poacher, he plays as a complete striker.
Basic principles
high press on the fiels : the idea is to get the ball as close from the opposite goal as possible. Thus the striker and the AM work a lot
direct style and high risk : players don't play with the ball but try to pass asap. Generally it's very vertical. the idea is to be dangerous at all times.
Lots of passes from the wingers to the striker
Lots of combination with the WB
Triangle play as much as possible
If opponent changes to 1 striker only, one of the defenders moves to DM because the principle is to use at all times one more central defender than the opposite team's striker(s)

and ... that's about it !