EMULATING MOURINHO? BOERRIG'S PRAGMATIC ARTISTRY!

Boerrig

Reaction score
*THIS IS AN INTERPRETATION OF REAL LIFE TACTICS, NOT A MANIPULATION OF THE MATCH ENGINE*

I have always been fascinated by defensive football. From Herrera's development of catenaccio to Mourinho's administration of defensive football to ensure multiple successes. I've developed a thorough tactic which is inspired by defensive, solid football and provides a foundation for a successful legacy.

View attachment 237423 View attachment 237416

There is a significant link between this tactic and that of Mourinho's record breaking 04-05 team. With only a handful of goals conceded by each side and only one loss each, both teams broke defensive and points records.

View attachment 237415View attachment 237413

In spite of a tarnishing freak defeat vs United, we were unstoppable. I had set out to build from a foundation at the back and we conceded so few. But why? How did we concede so few? Let's analyse the tactics. I'm going to focus on different unique selling points which makes this tactic a phenomenal one.

View attachment 237410View attachment 237409

View attachment 237408
View attachment 237407

Defensive structure:
The structure of the defense brings a lot of solidity to the team. The centre back pairing must be solid, with strong attributes in heading, tackling and mental attributes to boot. The presence of the half back is crucial to the team's defensive capabilities. He orchestrates the midfield and defense and brings them together to foster a team ethic in defense.
View attachment 237405
As you can see, there is little getting past this team. Spurs ended up having two speculative shots on target as our amoeba structure allowed for a strong, ruthless attack. The right back [or left back, if you choose to swap] will sit narrower and become a third centre back almost, giving a cautious look to your illustrious defense.

Assertive attack:
As previously mentioned, the attacking players are ruthless. The left attacking midfielder can be deployed as an inside forward or raumdeuter and his performances can win games for your team. Eden Hazard managed 26 goals and 20 assists in the league alone for me.
View attachment 237403
Make no mistake, this tactic may take a defensive mentality, but this simply makes them more cautious. It is worth remembering that my Chelsea side failed to score in only 3 league games. The tactic gets a lot out of your strikers. Diego Costa, Falcao and Remy all produced when necessary and even Olivier Giroud came up trumps when experimenting with Arsenal!

Invincibles:
This tactic has displayed a resilience to being beaten. In my short time testing this tactic, I've failed to achieve this, with one or two losses a season proving fatal. Can you be the pioneers of a feat not surpassed since Arsenal's fantastic title win in 2004? Regardless, it seems like an intuitional mind, followed by good man management can guarantee success. Enjoy watching your side block any way through the opponent may find, and develop an understanding and a love for the defensive side of the game.

Last edited:
I am a little bit confused?

Dont get me wrong, it looks fantastic - and fits entirely into what I look to build. But although you have uploaded it, and encouraged people to use it somewhat, at the start you make it clear it is no plug or play tactic? It either is or it isnt?

I am a little bit confused?

Dont get me wrong, it looks fantastic - and fits entirely into what I look to build. But although you have uploaded it, and encouraged people to use it somewhat, at the start you make it clear it is no plug or play tactic? It either is or it isnt?

My bad. What I meant was that it's not the kind of tactic you train for 2 weeks and get instant results from with any team. It requires smart application and smart training.

Could you upload assists and goals stats? It looks great, but how do you use the 2 diferent versions? One home and one away? One almost every game and other just on though away games? you change within the same match? But interesting goals scored with a defensive mentality, will try it.

Could you upload assists and goals stats? It looks great, but how do you use the 2 diferent versions? One home and one away? One almost every game and other just on though away games? you change within the same match? But interesting goals scored with a defensive mentality, will try it.

Individual assists and goal stats ? Hazard and Falcao topped the assists chart and Falcao, Remy, Costa and Cuadrado all netted around 15 each. You'll have no problem on that front.

The "park the bus" tactic would be my version of how Mourinho plays big games. So I play it home and away against the big teams. Use your own intuition. It all depends on what club you are and what situation you're in

Any OIs?

Why poacher on the park the bus but not the Standard??

Also, the "park the bus" system is different to the one in the screenshot.

Last edited:
Any OIs?

Why poacher on the park the bus but not the Standard??

Set them in regard to your opponent's strengths? Or else assistant manager with 16+ tactical knowledge.
Poacher works best I feel. Defensive forward doesn't cope well alongside the defensive wingers and offers no counter attacking presence.

Good Job Bro

this tactic is looking great so far i know these defensive tactics are difficult so well done ive gone 4 games with out conceding a goal.(H)

Finally.

I love playing exactly the way you do. Will definitely give this a try.

One question : What OIs do YOU use to have those results?

Finally.

I love playing exactly the way you do. Will definitely give this a try.

One question : What OIs do YOU use to have those results?

Started out doing my own OIs, ended up using Steve Holland's. Lazy attempt at a save really