Encouraging Inside Forwards to Shoot More Often

Reaction score
Anyone know how?

I just watched a full game (yes 0-94 mins (inc. extra time)) and I noticed my Inside forwards would get into decent positions to then not shoot..

I do have Shoot more often PI on however I don't want to select Shoot on Sight TI as I only really want my IF's and striker to be taking the majority of the shots.

Last season I used Wingers and didn't seem to have this issue with my right winger scoring 15 times despite on and off injuries.

If anyone can help that would be great :)

First all, do you have the "Work Ball Into Box" TI?
Make sure it isn't turned on.
Maybe even turn on the Shoot from distance TI.
Also, through PPM you can make them want to shoot from distance.

First all, do you have the "Work Ball Into Box" TI?
Make sure it isn't turned on.
Maybe even turn on the Shoot from distance TI.
Also, through PPM you can make them want to shoot from distance.

Work ball into box is off.

I had my left winger sitting narrower and he grabbed a hattrick.. Does that help?

Are your IFs set to Attack or Support? Set them to Attack if not already.
Try using the Shoot on Sight TI and see how it effects the rest of your team. Test it in some matches, maybe it will give you your desired effect without your midfielders shooting too often (give them PIs to shoot less often).

It'll depend on your mentality too, which is why it is always a good idea to post the full tactical setup.

You could also see if you could use preferred move training to get them to attempt long shots or first-time shots.

My IF is probably my star man in attack but honestly his best contributions are crossing far-post for my winger on the opposite side. I had a season where my RW scored like five or six goals in the first half of the season off of far-post balls from my IF. The cut-inside then cross-far action really screws with the GK for whatever reason.

Back