Engineering a Takeover?

• Thread starter Thread starter Dicko1878
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 23K

Dicko1878

Reaction score
Well the question I have s this: How do i engineer a takeover for my club?

Im currently playing as Everton and as we all know is that Everton havent got much money. My friend was telling me today before the match that in his save Everton was taken over by this big tycoon and he pumped in a lot of money into the club and transfer budget. Thanks in advance

You slowly force a takeover so long as your finances are reasonably deep in the red.
However, you can't choose what type of owner takes over your club.

Be careful too. Some takeovers can result in a change of management. It's happened to me in the past

Be careful too. Some takeovers can result in a change of management. It's happened to me in the past

erry of catuion, but if ur side has been winning things, then thats no problem.

erry of catuion, but if ur side has been winning things, then thats no problem.

Did a Crystal Palace save in FM 11. Won the Carling Cup, had a takeoever.....found myself applying for jobs at Southamption and Charlton. Ungrateful arses :@

Did a Crystal Palace save in FM 11. Won the Carling Cup, had a takeoever.....found myself applying for jobs at Southamption and Charlton. Ungrateful arses :@

ahha, i was a winning legend at arsenal, until my finances went broke. then hill-wood step downed, and a new owner came. he could have chosen ancelloti to succeed me, but i was Superior enough was i wont a my second quadruple yet again, and keeping me at the hot seat again. ;)

Greatful Lad (6)

Thanks a lot guys! ive never had a takeover in any football manager game plus the fact that Kenwright has nothing to offer D=... which is the best way to put the club into some debt? by paying transfer fees over a certain period of time?

Thanks a lot guys! ive never had a takeover in any football manager game plus the fact that Kenwright has nothing to offer D=... which is the best way to put the club into some debt? by paying transfer fees over a certain period of time?

Having a massive wage bill and spending loads on monthly instalments will help. But, you're Everton.. You will go bankrupt eventually, it's inevitable. (:

Having a massive wage bill and spending loads on monthly instalments will help. But, you're Everton.. You will go bankrupt eventually, it's inevitable. (:

Tell me about it hahaha the transfer budget given is 40p and a Snickers bar D=

You can go bankrupt, if nobody decides to takeover Everton. I seen a club go bankrupt before. Why don't you just develop the club?? Choose Man City, PSG, Malaga, Shakhtar if you don't want a challenge. Why do we keep getting these tycoon take over threads constantly...

Tell me about it hahaha the transfer budget given is 40p and a Snickers bar D=

Yeah, it's a sinking ship.. The only way you will get a good budget is if you are consistently competing for the league and reaching the group stages in the CL at least.. Generally though Kenwright looks to sell in the 2nd or 3rd season.. However I've only ever seen one of the board members take over, meaning not a massive increase in financial security.

You can go bankrupt, if nobody decides to takeover Everton. I seen a club go bankrupt before. Why don't you just develop the club?? Choose Man City, PSG, Malaga, Shakhtar if you don't want a challenge. Why do we keep getting these tycoon take over threads constantly...

This isn't a tycoon takeover thread.. He wants to know if he can/ how to engineer a takeover, which is fair enough.

Yeah you can go bankrupt, but the club will always be bought, generally before bankruptcy but I've seen it happen.

Well, if you want to play it a little dirty, get FMRTE, go to where it says chairman status and put it to 1 or so! Or go to chairman profile and give him 100 years or so! this will trigger elections, it doesn't mean you'll get taken over by rich ones though! In FM 2011 Everton was taken over by some Slovaks and they had shitloads of money. (my file of course)

Yeah, it's a sinking ship.. The only way you will get a good budget is if you are consistently competing for the league and reaching the group stages in the CL at least.. Generally though Kenwright looks to sell in the 2nd or 3rd season.. However I've only ever seen one of the board members take over, meaning not a massive increase in financial security.

This isn't a tycoon takeover thread.. He wants to know if he can/ how to engineer a takeover, which is fair enough.

Yeah you can go bankrupt, but the club will always be bought, generally before bankruptcy but I've seen it happen.

Well to be honest im not looking for a mahoosive transfer budget like Citys (although i wouldnt say no hahaha), id just like a bit of money to actually buy players to take the club to the next level, as it is I sold players for about £12mil and only saw 5mil of it =/ Thanks for the second part btw.

As for the editor i used to use it back in the day of 09 but it gets too boring once you keep getting everything my way, however thanks for the input! much appreciated =]

Continue to waste money, if he can't pay back the loans the debts just keep increasing...

Back