England Internationals

dannyhague66

Reaction score
right i have just had a brain wave, and at first thoughts i think its a really good idea!

before Wembley was built i used to revel and enjoy the fact that England was playing near me, either Old Trafford or Eastlands.

now i just feel that it is just boring, the matches are at Wembley, because its the home of England, and they are losing fans.

My idea for you to all think about is this, whilst England play an official match, like a qualifier, then this should be played at Wembley, but the friendlies should be played on a tour around the country, like it was between 2001 - 2007. there were so much more excitement in them days!

what does everyone think?

fair enough point but...

1. the clubs wont want their pitches getting ruined by letting the international team play on it
2. the FA would have spent hundereds of millions building a stadium for it to be used for a handful of world cup/ euro champ qualifying matches

good idea but wouldnt work at all

would be decent to see England lining up at Bootham Crescent shame Heskey wouldnt be playing though as he would fit right in at a ground like that!!

fair enough point but...

1. the clubs wont want their pitches getting ruined by letting the international team play on it
2. the FA would have spent hundereds of millions building a stadium for it to be used for a handful of world cup/ euro champ qualifying matches

good idea but wouldnt work at all

i agree, i just feel England have lost a lot of fans since the wembley move, and a lot of people i know just call them s**t which really riles me! cannot understand how people cannot get patriotic when it comes to football!

the FA would loose most of the match profits to the clubs, they need that money to justify massively overspending on the eyesore known as new wembley

would be decent to see England lining up at Bootham Crescent shame Heskey wouldnt be playing though as he would fit right in at a ground like that!!

KitKat Cresent? haha well heskey is good at having breaks.

KitKat Cresent? haha well heskey is good at having breaks.

Exactly he would fit right in there. They could also play a game at my local school heskey may just stand a chance of scoring in the mini soccer goals!!!

just out of curiosity how many people prefer the look of the old wembley, with those twin towers and the huge path up to it..personally i think the new stadium is ugly

i agree, i just feel England have lost a lot of fans since the wembley move, and a lot of people i know just call them s**t which really riles me! cannot understand how people cannot get patriotic when it comes to football!

In their defence, it hasn't nothing to do with the location of the matches, England Football Team are ****.

just out of curiosity how many people prefer the look of the old wembley, with those twin towers and the huge path up to it..personally i think the new stadium is ugly

i think the new stadium is modern, but would rather look at old trafford, emirates, city of manchester, white hart lane and anfield tbh. those stadiums get the crowd in the game, it feels much more personal, and your a lot closer to the action.

im a united fan but anfield is a stunning stadium, the Nou Camp is the best stadium in world football, its really modern but feels so historic and the same time

nou camp is the biggest club stadium ever. 82k + seats. (cant remember)

nou camp is 99,000 but your getting off topic, would rather england play at wembley than nou camp, thats a pure trek

Where the games are played is irrelevant, its the fans who make the atmosphere what it is.

And about Wembley being an eye-sore, never once have I ever heard a fan going to an FA cup final refer to it as an eye-sore. Beneath the surface, this just might be another club vs country issue where seeing the local team in Wembley means more to you than seeing the national team.

Back