England were impatient - Wenger

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 621

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
England were "killed by their own impatience" in the World Cup defeat by Germany, according to Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.

More...

True say Arsene.

We kept trying to go for the killer pass or 'Hollywood' pass rather than just retain possession.
Gerrard was the main culprit.

True say Arsene.

We kept trying to go for the killer pass or 'Hollywood' pass rather than just retain possession.
Gerrard was the main culprit.
its all he can do, he has to be mr all action all the time.

i was just thinking that wenger, much maligned in terms of english talent by the red tops and lesser pundits, will be bringing through the kind of players who can actually keep posession in the likes of gibbs, lansbury wilshere et al.

So wise (A):wub:

EDIT: Wenger that is, not you guys :P

i dont usely agree with wenger but his right england were alot ov things mind you and none ov them positive.

Wenger has done 10x more for English football than the FA, whatever your opinion of him is.

Fabio is a distinguished manager.. There aren't many managers who have had the success he has earned. So i do not blame him one bit as on paper his decisions have been impressive. Wenger is right, too many alpha males who want glory goals instead of a pass.

The best players in the england squad in the world cup for me were Ashley Cole and David James. Now you know when the team is bad when the goal keeper is one of the best players in the team.

Fabio is a distinguished manager.. There aren't many managers who have had the success he has earned. So i do not blame him one bit as on paper his decisions have been impressive. Wenger is right, too many alpha males who want glory goals instead of a pass.

His decisions? You mean like continuing to use an outdated and ineffective 4-4-2 in the face of more modern 4-band formations? Like not using our one out and out flair player and playmaker, Joe Cole, and keeping Peskey?

The "too many alpha males" theory put forward by both yourself and Thomas Muller is quite probably correct, but as a coach it is your job to prevent that. It is Capello's fault, no doubt, but on the other hand what coach in the entire world could have whipped the English team into shape? Mourinho, possibly. Ferguson, maybe. Apart from that...?

anyone else a little bored with these england threads? i mean its happened, it wasnt good, we get it. focus on the countries still in the world cup?

anyone else a little bored with these england threads? i mean its happened, it wasnt good, we get it. focus on the countries still in the world cup?
then tallk on a other thread. im glad we're talking about it still. because the issue shouldnt just disappear like it always doesnt otherwise in two years time you will end up with the same old ****, with out learning anything.

I agree with Wenger,we tried to play fancy football and attack when we conceded goals and payed the price when Germany hit us on the break

capello is up there with murinho and ferguson... maybe if they got all three as coaches at the same time, we might win competitions!

Heskey might not be a goal scorer, but he is great at assisting. Joe Cole..Meh.. James Milner is better imo.

the 4- 4- 2 may be old.. but using the right tactics and the right players in the right positions, it works. just int he ultra big games England tend to forget their roles and play for themselves.

I dont get what it has to do with Wenger at all. For one he is one of the main culprits that have stunted growth of bringing in English Players and instead has constantly overlooked them and signed foriegners. Those that have been at Arsenal have then been sold on eg. Upson.

He might have a good insight but whenever England fail he is another that jumps on the bandwagon and slates us yet not heard him say a thing about how his beloved french so royally ****** up their campaign

If Wenger is so critical of the English game then give him the job of national manager so he can prove he is better than all the previous managers who havetried to get the best out of the players we have available.

I dont get what it has to do with Wenger at all. For one he is one of the main culprits that have stunted growth of bringing in English Players and instead has constantly overlooked them and signed foriegners. Those that have been at Arsenal have then been sold on eg. Upson.

He might have a good insight but whenever England fail he is another that jumps on the bandwagon and slates us yet not heard him say a thing about how his beloved french so royally ****** up their campaign

If Wenger is so critical of the English game then give him the job of national manager so he can prove he is better than all the previous managers who havetried to get the best out of the players we have available.

Its no crime to have opinion and Wenger had one and stated when he was asked.

then tallk on a other thread. im glad we're talking about it still. because the issue shouldnt just disappear like it always doesnt otherwise in two years time you will end up with the same old ****, with out learning anything.

I can see his Point Madsheep, what is an internet forum actually going to do, it isnt really going to change the opinion of the FA, i am pretty sure Sir Dave Richards doesnt have an account on Fm-base.

I can see his Point Madsheep, what is an internet forum actually going to do, it isnt really going to change the opinion of the FA, i am pretty sure Sir Dave Richards doesnt have an account on Fm-base.
lol i know what you mean, but talking about it is till better than everyone forgetting, but he can always look at plenty of other thread, like the argument that everton are a better side than city (they are not).

personally i just have so much frustration about it all

Back