• Thread starter Thread starter Blakeytt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 945

Blakeytt

They call me Zeus
Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9157121.stm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-Cup-cash-votes-investigation-unethical.html
England's 2018 World Cup bid has been "significantly harmed" by a newspaper investigation into the bidding process, says a key member of the campaign team.

'One can ask whether such an action is appropriate, trying to set traps for people. It is a deeply rooted problem [with the English media'
Fifa president Sepp Blatter

This is a perfect excuse now not to give us the world cup because as these reports say they are all jumping on this band wagon, and once again we will miss out :(

Meh, Blatter seems to have a problem with us and our bid anyway. God knows why this guy has any kind of power in football, considering his retarded stance on goal line technology.

Mug.

Every ****** has something against English football, especially the French and Germans.... I reakon they'll go with Russia on that bid

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Last edited:
Every ****** has something against English football, especially the French and Germans.... I reakon they'll go with Russia on that bid

Yer don't you support Spain??

Absolute **** take, Fifa hate the English game as it is without our own media dragging this country down. This wouldn't happen in any other country why they **** are we so different.

haha nooo im oj with the Spain bit, yeah the Media dont do anything to help it, anything to sell their papers.

And yet again this country will miss out on the biggest football competition on the planet. Why is there always something that throws the proverbial spanner in the works.

This is completely disgusting news. How dare they have the cheek to say that a national newspaper exposing huge corruption and flaws in THEIR system is affecting OUR bid? It should have absolutely no bearing whatsoever.

The deeply rooted problem is the fact that FIFA is corrupt.

Someone on the Fulham message board summed it up quite well.

Of all the things I hate about football, of all the greedy, horrible bastards in the game, by far thing I hate the most is FIFA. From the alleged widespread corruption and the impunity they enforce by the threat of suspension for countries where governments take an interest in their activities (i.e. investigate corruption – see Nigeria at the last WC), to their ridiculous demands for hosting tournaments (5 star hotel rooms in every host city, vast exclusion zones around stadiums for non-FIFA-approved merchandising/refreshments etc), to the fact that they keep coming up with **** ideas (offside disaster) and ignoring good ones (goal line technology). Sepp Blatter is the Devil. Withdraw from the WC bidding, withdraw from future WC’s, and add the suffix ‘Sepp Blatter is a c**t’ to all our airport names (“Ladies & Gentlemen, in 5 minutes time, we will be landing at London Heathrow Sepp Blatter is a c**t”), so the World is left in no doubt as to what we think of the fat Swiss ****.

Apparently, ignorance is bliss for Blatter. The more I read about him, the more I dislike him.

After South Africa '10 and Brazil '14, in my mind, I think it's more than likely it's going to go to Russia. The people at FIFA are all patting themselves on the back for bringing the World Cup into territories it's never been before in South Africa, and are looking to pat themselves on the back all over again for bringing the World Cup to Russia. Even though my team want to build a new stadium and are using the WC campaign as an angle, I'd happily surrender the right to watch WC football in my hometown just to see the country host the tournament. Economically and politically it makes more sense to let England host it. Alas, the temptation to pat yourself on the back once more proves too tempting for FIFA.

FIFA want World Cups to create a 'legacy', another reason Russia will be getting it.

Why the **** are we getting our bid derailed, our Media exposed corruption withtin FIFA to make sure the bids remain unbiased and we probably helped not only ours but Spain/Portugal, Russia and Qatar's bid too, the truth is that FIFA is just corrupt and that Sepp Blatter is an ignorant old fool who should never have been FIFA president, useless ****'s stand on Goal-Line technology has probably already decided the outcome of more than one Competition

They don't like us to (The Netherlands and Belgium).... Because doesn't want to agree to all of the rules because some are just idiotic..... So.... They just don't like our countries.....

I dont know so many people are suprised. Did you honestly think there would be no repercussions from something like this. Fifa was seriously embarrassed by the findings. That said im not exactly a fan of our papers when it comes to england

I dont know so many people are suprised. Did you honestly think there would be no repercussions from something like this. Fifa was seriously embarrassed by the findings. That said im not exactly a fan of our papers when it comes to england

Agreed, but just because it's surprising doesn't mean it's not wrong. This is disgraceful.

Agreed, but just because it's surprising doesn't mean it's not wrong. This is disgraceful.
Very true. two things were going to happen. Sepp was going to admit he was, or damage the peoplethat dared to challenge him It was never going to be the former. I dont think there was outright hate against england in this, but Blatter clearly wanted it to go to russia for legacy reasons, and up till now there was no justifiable reason for the vote to go (by go i mean be manouvered) that way, he himself gave a glowing report of england bid, especially in stadia safety and control ( this had happend at the same time as the italy serbia game). This isn't personal against us, its just politics, which actually make it worse for me

It is this quote that makes me want to have Blatter removed from Fifa.

'One can ask whether such an action is appropriate, trying to set traps for people. It is a deeply rooted problem [with the English media'
Fifa president Sepp Blatter

Blatter looks like he is trying to deflect the embarrasment onto our media for exposing the corruption inside Fifa. Sort your house out first Blatter. If members inside your organisation are corrupt then thats the problem you should be dealing with.

Woe betide anyone finding something bad out about FIFA XD. ****** Platini and Blatter are the most corrupt people to ever be in charge of the game. FIFA is riddled with corruption and I suspect UEFA isn't much better. This is just an **** covering excercise by Blatter to shut people up. Absolutely farcical situation.

Its probably nothing, but its some cheap reason for him to go against the English bid

Back