English football lower teams help

IcyBurridge

Reaction score
Hi there, currently in a multiplayer game with a friend and we randomised teams, initially I was fulham but got sacked and now Im at Northampton.
My problem is whenever I manage lesser teams my players just dont seem to score. I think I've played 30 games and only scored 10 goals. Ive tried all sorts of tactics and formations just nothing seems to improve the goalscoring capability of my strikers. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi there, currently in a multiplayer game with a friend and we randomised teams, initially I was fulham but got sacked and now Im at Northampton.
My problem is whenever I manage lesser teams my players just dont seem to score. I think I've played 30 games and only scored 10 goals. Ive tried all sorts of tactics and formations just nothing seems to improve the goalscoring capability of my strikers. Any help would be much appreciated.

Here are some good advice. The reason I quote this post is because its probably not your strikers that are at fault, but your approach in general

Thought I'd give a little tip. I've finished a season in the Northern League Division 1 using a truly woeful team-at first (Newcastle Blue Star which I brought back from extinct in editor). The players were initially of very, very poor quality, but as it was an amateur club I was able to bring in reinforcements, but the key attributes I looked for were pace, fitness, teamwork and workrate. My primary formation was initially a very basic 4-4-2 with the following: rigid formation, drilling the crosses, passing short, medium tempo, sticking to position, stand off players, fairly deep line, no playmaker, zonal marking (due to poor positioning and poor concentration levels) and creativity restricted and used a balanced approach with standard philosophy. At first I had a few bumps in the road, but after a few matches it started to work. However as I started to have less success with the 4-4-2 I pushed the left and right midfielders up to make them AM's and as a result, caused problems for the opposition defences. Although I stuck to only one formation type in the entire season, because the midfielders were versatile and quick enough, I was able to adjust accordingly during the matches if I fell behind or was heading for a draw.

As a result I achieved promotion in my first season though I was tipped to finish 21st, losing 10 and drawing 12. I also used absolutely no pregame instructions before kickoff. And because I stuck to one formation, they were able to adapt to it and gel fairly quickly.

Hope that gives a bit of help

Ok ill try this out

Oh, don't take his advice regarding the formation too literally. Just use a "normal and balanced" formation that suits your players at hand. If you have quick AMR/L and many central players but few FCs, then a 451 is a good choice

Yeah, trying out varius tactics at the moment but with that mentality. The problem is theres no pacey strikers/wingers available for loan or transfer that would join me.

Back