English lower leagues tactics HELP NEEDED! (BSP, BSN or BSS divisions)

tigertailz001

Reaction score
Need help on a good tactic for Blue Square Bet Premier, North or South Divisions!, any suggestions?. I do like to try play short passing/possession football style tactics. Please don't tell me I can't play this style at this level. I believe you can play this way!, just look at way Swansea played last season in real life, they didn't have any big name super stars playing for them!. Do you think might have be a long hard project ie 10 year plan to take lower league club up the divisions playing that style?.

Need help on a good tactic for Blue Square Bet Premier, North or South Divisions!, any suggestions?. I do like to try play short passing/possession football style tactics. Please don't tell me I can't play this style at this level. I believe you can play this way!, just look at way Swansea played last season in real life, they didn't have any big name super stars playing for them!. Do you think might have be a long hard project ie 10 year plan to take lower league club up the divisions playing that style?.

To be honest, here is a huge, huge difference between Swansea and a team in the BSS but naturally its possible to play short passing football with a team in the lower leagues but it all comes down to squad building. You cant expect any of the default squads to make it though as they simply lack in concentration, decision, first touch, technique and passing etc but if getting the correct playertypes and train them well, I would say it would take 3-5 years before starting to see something you like.

When getting and forming players, just remember that whilst keeping possession is one thing, you also need the players being able to retreive the ball so here, Determination, work rate, anticipation, tackling, positioning, strength amongst other is important to, all this whilst you being good at man management so they actually carry out your match plan

Last edited:
To be honest, here is a huge, huge difference between Swansea and a team in the BSS but naturally its possible to play short passing football with a team in the lower leagues but it all comes down to squad building. You cant expect any of the default squads to make it though as they simply lack in concentration, decision, first touch, technique and passing etc but if getting the correct playertypes and train them well, I would say it would take 3-5 years before starting to see something you like.

When getting and forming players, just remember that whilst keeping possession is one thing, you also need the players being able to retreive the ball so here, Determination, work rate, anticipation, tackling, positioning, strength amongst other is important to, all this whilst you being good at man management so they actually carry out your match plan
Thanks for your reply.

Try Out JP's simple 442 (13.1.3) tactics!. It seems to be working for me in Blue Square Bet North division with FC Halifax?.

Back