Reaction score
I am part way through my first season with Arsenal, and im looking to english up my team a little.

What English players do you recommend?

Im looking at;

R Green
R Shawcross
G Hooper
L Ridgewell

Any suggestions i got about £50m in the bank and looking at offloading a few overpaid underperforming players during the Jan window

Gary Cahill, Phil Jagielka, Jack Rodwell, Josh Mchecheran i guess.

Leighton Baines
Jack Rodwell
Ross Barkley (though I'd prefer you didn't)
Gary Cahill
Jags
Tony Hibbert
Ryan Shawcross
Steven Taylor
Michael Dawson
Ledley King (slim chance though)

Darren Bent and Gary Cahill are must have English players, always perform well.

You might be as surprised as I was to find out how much Pennant has been improved on this year's version.

Thank you for the assistance, are any tried and tested on this game?

Also most are obvious ones that i have looked at, any tried/tested bargains, unlikely ones eg hooper, hargreaves etc etc

Thank you for the assistance, are any tried and tested on this game?

Also most are obvious ones that i have looked at, any tried/tested bargains, unlikely ones eg hooper, hargreaves etc etc

Barkley develops very nicely indeed. Becomes as good as Rodwell, as long as he is developed and played properly and not overused. Hibbert has never let me down, as has Cahill. Rest I've used before and have played excellently. Just make sure you get the tactics/training right or you won't get the best out of them. I found that out the hard way

looked at rodwell and considering bidding, just i have a good midfield, im looking mainly at defence/GK and reserve strikers

Im goinh to look at barkley

Maybe players for a season or two ahead Jack Butland, Will Keane,
Could be tricky to get, but done great for me at Utd and that is Welbeck

i brought G Cahill £11m and T.Hibbert right back from Everton, both doing fantastically well, when choosing a player for my Arsenal first I do in order
a) My reserve/youth team
b) English Players
c) UK players
d) EU players
e) rest of the world

I try to aim by my 2/3 rd season to have at least 5 English players in my first team

Gary hooper plays fantastic for me 11 games 10 goals so far :D

I have bought Jagielka as a CB and decent cover for Sagna. Around about £12M and he's my best defender. Highly recomended.