English Premier League and npower Championship

• Thread starter Thread starter DJ_Devil
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2K

DJ_Devil

Reaction score
hello!

i was hoping to set up (with someone who's probably a bit more 'in-the-know') a network game where pretty-much ALL the english premier league teams are taken, and managed by human players. it would be on the latest version of FM (11.3.0, i believe), and have a database of something like; premier league and championship (playable), with additional players loaded ('players from top clubs' and 'players with continental reputation' loaded from all continents (16,000 total)).

obviously, having 20 managers playing eachother every week will mean that people will lose very often, and someone WILL get relegated (probably me, hah), so please dont sign up if you really couldnt hack that :/

if we could only get, say, 10 players, then i feel it'd be a better game if we all managed mid-to-low premiership teams (and leave the big 5 or 6 to their own devices). but of course this is all changeable, and open for debate/etc.

and if this idea really catches on, and we end up with more than 20 players wanting to join, then we can extend out to the top championship teams too (which would suit me, a burnley fan, terribly well!)

game times would be something like: 6pm - 12am weekdays (of course, negotiable), probably not on weekends (although i'd be up for it, most people have other commitments) and there would HAVE to be a 'forced continue' with, say, 1/3rd or 1/2 of all players accepting.

we could start, say, monday the 4th of july (to give everyone time to see this thread/get everything sorted to play), and could hopefully get through atleast a couple of seasons, if not many more.

let me know who'd be interested!

Last edited:
i would love to but i'm kinda busy getting my driver's licence so i dont really know how my schedule will be like anyway count me in

would be very good, i havent got the time

BUT

only problem i could see with it is how slow the game will run, hence will get boring very easily.. ive tried various network games and each time when ther eis 4/5+ the game slows righttt down

On paper, its a good idea.

However, 20 people will lag the Network game alot- It will take ages too continue onto the next day, with 20 different people, doing their own thing and finding their own transfer targets [It takes a good 2 hours to get through Pre-Season with 5 people]. It would be difficult to manage 20 people, and make sure they keep too any rules they set. There will be bound too be a sore-loser who will rage/moan and accuse people of cheating and then the small-task of finding 20 active people who will be alot.

Sadly, a game of 3-5 people is much more realistic and enjoyable.

so you guys dont think it'd be realistically possible, because of the lag? ;(

how about with about 10 people, managing mid-table teams? would the lag for that be horrific, too? or could we just about scrape through it?

and i could do with some help setting out some rules - i'm new to network games, so some basics would be great (but they can wait 'til if/when we decide to start a game, so we can all discuss them).

---------- Post added 21/06/2011 at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was 19/06/2011 at 11:17 PM ----------

btw - what IS the lag, exactly? is it to do with the host's internet connection, or everyone connected? and how good would it have to be to be do-able?

You have to wait for people to continue for the game to progress just one day basically in pre-season and if there are 20 people playing, that could take a while. You can set it to force continue but then people would get annoyed at not having enough time to complete their transfers.

yeah, i know. but i was thinking something like; first day/night/whatever would be just to sort out transfers/tactics/staff/training/whatever, and then forced continue starting the second night of 1/3rd or 1/2 of players accepting (or even a timed one), and have, say.. 3 pre-season friendlies set out on specific dates, so we all had a game or three to tweak our tactics. obviously, in an ideal world everyone would play at the same speed, but that's totally unobtainable and realistic, so forced continue would HAVE to be used.

I have been involved in 1 of these kind of games before and although very enjoyable with the amount of banter you get it does take a ridiculous amount of time to get through transfer windows

After saying that I am interested in hosting a game like this and already have 3 players who are happy to play this. I'm going to open another thread advertising it so if any of you guys are interested then let me know in there

@ huggleman,

I'm interested to become a lower league manager of your hosted game. I'm a firm long-term manager never lost interest to game and I'm watching all my matches in Full Match mode. Maybe it may waste your time a little, but in the end you will have a good FM friend.

@Steven

I often play online with a friend of mine and we both enjoy a good variety of our games, we are currently doing a lower league game now but if you are interested I can speak to him and start another game with yourself included.

If so give me a PM with your MSN/Windows Live email address and I'll add you for a further discussion

Back