English Regens

• Thread starter Thread starter dAnVFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3K

dAnVFC

Reaction score
In my game im in 2019/20 season and in charge of england , but the regens coming through only around 10% have a pa of over 150 and 2 players under 20 have pa of over 170 compared to the like of brazil france spain ect who seem to be churning out world beaters , is this the same on other peoples games? any advice on how to improve the quality of the future england teams? cheers

Yeah everyone complains English regens are rubbish, even Scotland usually produces better talent. I don't normally manage national teams so I'm not sure if you can do this, but maybe try poaching a good Scottish or Irish player if they're eligible for another nation through parents and haven't represented their first national team. I'm not even sure regens have second nationalities though :S

Yeah, most are ****. I was lucky in my first year as Arsenal, got a striker with potential to become as good as Neymar. But that was actually the only good one.

I do manage a club too which i try to get promising english youth into to develope , and if i see a decent youth player with daul nationality ill give him a cheeky 5 mins to secure his services for queen and country

I do manage a club too which i try to get promising english youth into to develope , and if i see a decent youth player with daul nationality ill give him a cheeky 5 mins to secure his services for queen and country

Im currently managing Wales, and im using this tactic for all potential irish/scottish/english regens. In 10 years, who knows what these players are going to be like

Theres a couple of german regens that could claim english nationality but "see no point" really fustrating as there national team is grayed out and i could use them form england

There a quite a few good English regens on my saves. Look at teams like West Ham and Southampton, they seem to give me one every so often. Also League 2 teams have a habit of popping up with gems to so you just have to look and you'll find there is enough good players. You'll never get an English Messi so you're mad if you're looking for one every season.

I can always hope ... that or keep playing rooney untill hes using a zimmerframe

I took the England job in 2019 on my last save and had 4 regens in the 25 man squad (Raheem Sterling was my star player, nuff said), and 2 of them were auto-created when I reloaded the english league (I'd been in Norway), so it seems FM12 doesn't rate the future of english football very well.

maybe it varies a little, but how many players under 20 are there with 180+ of all nationalities?
probably not many?

looking at the 2021 save 12.2 time machine I downloaded from here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/challenges-scenarios/95217-football-manager-12-2-time-machines.html there are;

17 players with PA 180+ who are 20 or under, 4 are english (with a few more English in high 170s). 4 out of 17 is nearly 25% which is very good I'd say. I think they have the English leagues loaded which may help also.

of those who are 20 or under;

-there is just shy of 30 players with 150+ out of 3k English players
-Italy have 34 out of about 174 players 20 or under (but only one 180+)
-Germany have 12 out of 235 players (No 180+, and the best being 160)
-Brazil have about 35 out of 200 players (with no 180+)
-France have 37 150+ out of nearly 300 players and only one 180+)
-Argentina have about 30 150+ out of approx 150 players (with x1 180+)
-Spain 29 players out of nearly 250 with 150+ (with x2 180+)
-Holland have 10 out of 109 players (with 1 180+ - but several in 170s)
-Portugal 25 150+ out of about 60 players (no 180+)

(Interestingly, on that line of games, both in 2012 and 2021 there is only about 70/75 players with 180+ out of 12-13k)

Of the players that are PA 175+ and 20 or under;

There are 44 players
7 are Eng
3 Dutch
3 Spain, Serbia
2 Tunisia
1 for Brazil, Argentina, Italy, French
0 Germany

On PA alone, on this save- I'm pretty pleased that it seems fairly balanced, probably a little bit in the favour of English players if anything.

Let's not forget aswell that it's not just about PA that matters. But mental attibutes, how the numbers are distributed, consistency, injury proneness etc. If you look at the nations on the editor, you'll see each nation is given data relating to probable personalities.
For example;
(Coming from the top of my head, so may be wrong)
Englsih players may on average have less adaptability, Brazil higher than average pressure, Italy higher than average professionalism
etc etc
It's a really great touch if it works well

Last edited:
Just looking at another 2020- save from the old 12.0 game, it's a little different. This one has more players loaded;

-Out of 22k players there are 67 players 180+,
-But 167 players of 175+

Of those 20 or under
-42 players have 175+
-15 of those are 180+
-30 English players have 150+ out of 3.5k (x5 175)
-63 Brazil 150+ out of 168 (x4 175)
-53 Italians 150+ out of 2.5k/3k (x5 175+)
-60 Germany 150+ out of 240 players ( (x1 175+)
-50 Spain 150+ out of 1.5k (x3 175+)
-37 Dutch 150+ out of 90 players (x1 175+)

Players 20 or under with 180+ there are 15;
2 qualify for England
2 for Italy (but one also for France and the other also for Brazil!)

Obviously this is just one save, but the above could suggest that on this game, England are producing (in terms of just Potential Ability), a similar amount of top top players, but less depth of the players just below this level. This is probably the general consensus of many in the game and media. I.e. England's first 11 is as good as any but they lack the depth of other top nations

Last edited:
Back