English teams too good after a couple years?

• Thread starter Thread starter dday900
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2K

dday900

Reaction score
I'm on year 2019 in Football Manager 2015, and there are 5 English teams now in the Champions League and usually it's me (Man Utd) vs. some other English team in the final or semi-final. This year Liverpool beat me in the finals, and they beat Paris St. Germain 6-0 total in the semi-finals, and Chelsea beat Barcelona 0 -3 away. That seems so immersion breaking. Are the English teams too powerful compared to other European teams? I mean this year there was not a single English team in the semi-finals (in real life)! In the game they seem to really dominate, at least after a few years.

I've noticed by the time you get to 2018-2019 the bigger premier league clubs seem to sign all the best talent and still have a huge bank balance to snap up a handful of wonderkids each

I'm not online at the mo but I know Everton have Lukaku draxler Meyer and delay in their side.... Kinda unrealistic, sorry Everton fans but that just wouldn't happen

I'm on year 2019 in Football Manager 2015, and there are 5 English teams now in the Champions League and usually it's me (Man Utd) vs. some other English team in the final or semi-final. This year Liverpool beat me in the finals, and they beat Paris St. Germain 6-0 total in the semi-finals, and Chelsea beat Barcelona 0 -3 away. That seems so immersion breaking. Are the English teams too powerful compared to other European teams? I mean this year there was not a single English team in the semi-finals (in real life)! In the game they seem to really dominate, at least after a few years.
How many leagues have you loaded?

The game has the best know-how of the real life in England and maybe in Germany and Holland, because other leagues like the Spanish, Italian and Portuguese have many details in a blur, like real transfer deals, wages, loans, debts, etc.

Also, the TV deals are a huge chunk and other things like associates payments don't appear in the game. Benfica and Bayern have the biggest associates in the world, more then 200k, and a lot of the money comes form there.

Players are also overpowered. For example, Smalling and Evans are top defenders and in real life they are good, but not that good!

I think the game can dry up after a few seasons at a big club, it's hard to stop winning sometimes!

man united at Old Trafford are so overpowered its a joke. I'm in 2024/25 and dominating Europe with my Sunderland team, I regularly beat united at home comfortably but when it comes to playing them at OT I cannot win for love nor money.

man united at Old Trafford are so overpowered its a joke. I'm in 2024/25 and dominating Europe with my Sunderland team, I regularly beat united at home comfortably but when it comes to playing them at OT I cannot win for love nor money.

Its because they are the best team in the world after my beloved Benfica. :D

Back