English Top 6 What Will they do this season!

MartijnFR89

Reaction score
I decided to start a game managing 6 teams in England which i consider to be top.

- Manchester United
- Chelsea
- Manchester City
- Arsenal
- Tottenham
- Liverpool

I will describe you what I've done so far and keep you on track on how this save is going.

To start off with Manchester United, as soon as i saw the squad of United I thought this is a great squad only two positions where I considered signings would be welcome. I thought a creative center midfielder and a back up for right back would be good. Rafael is the only right back with quality in the selection because talent Smalling is rather central defender then right back. With Giggs, Anderson, Carrick, Claverley and Fletcher I thought I missed a playmaker. Here are images from the tactics, transfers and selection of Manchester United. Still have 13 million euro to spend.
View attachment 207527View attachment 207528View attachment 207529

Now i am going to talk about Chelsea, Chelsea has a nice squad to bad that Essien is unavailable in the first season due to injury and that talented goalies Coutrois and Delac are unavailable due to loan. I decided to buy 2 players, with Drogba and Anelka aging and Drogba/Torres not working as a combination I decided to buy another striker. I like to play with wings with Mata on the left I felt I needed quality on the right so I bought someone for the right winger position. Underneath you can see the selection, tactic and transfers I made so far I still have 17 million euro to spend.
View attachment 207575View attachment 207577View attachment 207579

As third I will explain what I've done with Manchester City. With City the sky is the limit when I looked at the selection my first thought was strong attack, good midfield but the central defenders i considered to be not at a high enough level. For that reason I decided to buy 2 central defenders who I always had very good experience with. Further I replaced one English right winger with another, in current ability a loss maybe but with his age and potential I think the transfer is worth while. With a fourth transfer I decided to buy a young talented striker and that is my team so far. With 27 million euro to spend I will be looking for a creative center midfielder to further strengthen the team. Here is the selection, tactic and transfers.
View attachment 207700View attachment 207701View attachment 207702

Arsenal in every FM Arsenal has great youth and great talents this year is no different, I looked forward to see how to shape this team to my ideas. I was bumped out that Wilshere is injured for such a long time that he is useless in the first season. Further I had to made a decision to which talent to keep in my first squad and which to sent on loan or to the reserves. With Robin van Persie as only striker of the quality I want my strikers to be I decided to buy another striker. In the defence I was not satisfied with the central defenders and the left back position so I decided to buy for both positions a player. Not sure to make more signings with 10 million euro left.
Here are the tactics, selection and transfers.

Now its Tottenham time, I see a good selection with a great midfield: Van der Vaart, Parker, Modric and Bale strong attackers Adebayor, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko and young talent Coulibaly but still the team would benefit from some players. I signed two players, I think that Dawson, King and Gallas are good center backs but it wouldn't hurt to bring a young good defender to add to that group and that is just what I did. Further I thought it would not be to bad to add a young good striker as backup and I think I signed a good one. With 7 million euro left to spend I doubt the selection will get other players. Here are the tactics, selection and transfers of this Tottenham team.

And last but not least Liverpool! For this game I used MarshalLFC, database (correct me if I typed the name wrong) I was dissapointed to see that Shelvey was out to loan but at the same time I saw some good talents in the club like Flanagan, Robinson, Coates and Sterling (He got 4 star potential and as back up right winger I think he could do fine!). I bought 2 players, even though I can only bid high with additional payments much clubs wouldn't accept a offer so I was glad that one did and by that granted me the striker I wanted to shine next to Suárez. Further I looked at Truefootball manager's talent list and saw a talent for little money but his potential did not impress me 2 stars. With 2.8 million euro left I think it is best to not buy anymore players and try to make the best of the season with this squad.

I am up and running in pre-season next update will be when all the clubs have finished there pre-season and when the Manchester teams will compete for the Community shield!

I apologize if my English is not up to standard, my excuse is that i am from Holland

good luck mate did a story last year - a fresh chapter in the premier league - where i controlled every team in the premierleague

good luck mate did a story last year - a fresh chapter in the premier league - where i controlled every team in the premierleague
Awesome thing to try a whole league I once did that at FM2010 in Holland it is awesome but needs so much time to really get the most out of the teams

Soon i'm now busy with the pre season when pre season is over i'll show the results and my view about how the pre season went.

Pre Season

The pre season is over the friendly games are gone and now giving you guys the results and explanations! I will first talk about the team who did worse on their pre season and end with the team who had the best pre season. Further I am going to talk about transfer deals that are in the making!

Every team but Manchester United played 7 games in pre season Manchester United played 8, here are the results:

Pre Season Number 6:
Liverpool
With 5 victories 1 draw and 1 lost game Liverpool didn't played the best pre season had some good games though but losing to Genk and playing a draw against Estudiantes is not good enough. With the other opponents I felt that Liverpool forgot to set bigger scores against clubs like Portsmouth and Bristol Rovers. Overall still satisfied because when you win the most of the games and the games that you don't win and you see it is kind of a miracle that you did shows me that there is still something in this Liverpool squad that sounds like music to my ears.
View attachment 207723

Pre Season Number 5:
Tottenham
Tottenham Did just like Liverpool and won 5 times, draw 1 time and lost 1 time but due to better goal difference they are at the 5th place. The pre season for Tottenham was though the whole pre season Gallas, Pienaar, King and Sandro where injured while new striker Sanogo could not play said he was unavailable. Almost every game 2 or 3 extra players where injured forcing me to be creative. With my first line up it went alright I got 3-0 up against San Jose so I placed the reserves (what where mostly 3rd / 4th choices due to injury) they wasted the lead and let them got back to 3-3. To prove it I have here a screenshot from that game but against Dortmund my first line up was doing fine, after Sakho scored the 1-0, Kagawa leveled the score but before half time Adebayor made sure Spurs where in the lead. In the second half I played with the reserve team and that was easy street for Dortmund as Kagawa popped another 3 in and Santana also got himself on the scoring sheet. View attachment 207731View attachment 207730
On the other victories I think there is not much to comment about because only against Layton Orient and Novara you could say the difference had to be bigger but then again I stay with a win is a win.
View attachment 207729

Pre Season number 4:
Manchester United
In 8 Pre season games Manchester United won 6 times 1 draw and 1 defeat. The defeat against Poznan was really annoying I created chances and chances but didn't score they got 3 shots on the goal 1 hits the back of the net, but hey that's football. A draw against Bayern isn't so strange because it is a team with loads of talent. 7-0 against sporting it thought wow same goes for the 4-0 against villareal and the 5-1 against Roma. When you see those results it seems very strange that against Groningen Manchester United only managed to score twice.

View attachment 207728

Pre Season number 3:
Manchester City
With so much quality you expect to not lose points in pre season but i did once. Won 6 times, no defeat but one draw. Drawing against Atletico Madrid is not a shame but with the quality of Manchester City I hoped for better. Further I think that my defence let to much goals in like 3 against Novara but positive is that my striking force where good enough to compensate that. A good pre season with some little marks for improvement.

View attachment 207726

Pre Season number 2
Arsenal
Just like Manchester City Arsenal managed to win 6 of their 7 pre season games and draw once. The first 6 games became victories. The only critic I have about those games was that I forgot to score more against Sao Paulo and Deajon. Against Espanyol I really had an off day some stupid defensive mistakes by Mertesacker led me into troubles but thanks to Rosicky I managed to get a point. I see that the basic is good at Arsenal but the strikers need to be sharper and the defence to be more trustworthy. Arshavin caught my eye I play him as back up for van Persie as Trequartista as one of the two strikers, from that postion Arshavin scores easily.
View attachment 207724

Pre Season number 1

Chelsea
Chelsea won all there games and showed good form not much to add to the results.
View attachment 207725

To close the Pre Season some transfers I am working on
Seen as the budgets of Tottenham and Liverpool are low on money I decide to not give out what could be saved.

With Manchester United I am busy to buy a young talented goalkeepr Alphonse Areola
With Arsenal I want a striker because my trust in Park is slim and on this website I read something about Darwin Quintero so I am now trying to sign him
With Manchester City I am trying to sign Eden Hazard for left wing so I can retrain Silva as CM because I rather have a playmaker in the center of the pitch then on the wing.
With Chelsea I am aiming to sign Gregory van der Wiel as being a relatively good defender with enough prospect to become better when knowing Bosingwa and Ivanovic won't have the ability to become a right back at a level van der Wiel could be.

This is the update so far.

I don't know when the next update will be but I'll try to make it soon.

Community Shield & First playing round

Due to education and work I didn't had lots of time to play FM, I'll try to update this story as much as possible here are the community shield and the first playing round of the FA Premier League

Community Shield

Like every season the kick off has a prize in England it is the Community Shield, this time it is the battle of Manchester City vs. United who will win? Who will be able to win the first prize in the season. Both teams are missing players as City has to do without Mats Hummels (Nedum Onuoha replaced him at the starting 11), United has to do without Michael Carrick and Ashley Young (Anderson and Park Ji-Sung replaced them at the starting 11). The game was very close Manchester City had very slight advantage with 4 per cent more ball possession and 1 shot more than Manchester United. It was a harsh game considering 9 yellow cards where shown. Mario Balotelli decided the game by scoring the only goal in the 28th​ minute.
View attachment 209418
1st​ Playing round Premier League:
The Saturday 4 of my clubs come in action.
Chelsea starts with a away game against Blackburn Rovers.
Unavailable players:
Chalobah --- International Duty
McEachran --- International Duty
Kalou --- Injured
Sturridge --- Suspension

My signings that are making their debut:
Giuseppe Rossi
Hulk
Gregory van der Wiel
So here it is the first game Blackburn – Chelsea the line up from my Chelsea team:
Cech
van der Wiel Terry Luiz Cole
Hulk Meireles Lampard Mata
Torres Rossi

Blackburn – Chelsea
Within the minute a fantastic Free kick from Hulk
0-1 Hulk 1st​ minute
In the 28th​ minute a thumping strike from Martin Olsson goes in the top corner 1-1
1-1 Martin Olsson 28th​ minute
More bad news for Chelsea as Giuseppe Rossi has to come of due to an injury. Romelu Lukaku is his replacement.
The half time score is 1-1 this is against the odds because Chelsea is the better side. Blackburn had 4 cracks on target while Chelsea shot 12 times the ball possession is still close 46/54 advantage Chelsea. I think that when Chelsea has it in them to keep more pressure for a longer amount of time the outcome of this game can only be a victory for Chelsea
2nd​ Half
The second half just started when Hulk makes a delightful run crossing the ball and Samba tries to defend but instead he puts it in his own net.
1-2 Samba own goal 47th​ minute
Not much later the game seems to be decided it is again a goal from hulk. He scores a brilliant chip after a nice through ball by Mata
1-3 Hulk 55th​ minute
After a hour has been played Blackburn get themselves back in to the game with a spectacular free kick Vukcevic surprises Cech in the short corner
2-3 Simon Vukcevic 60th​ minute
The 2-3 stand did not last one minute or Hulk decided to score his hat trick! After a good run from Torres Gamst-Pedersen defends the ball right into the left of Hulk who place it very nicely into the far corner 2-4
2-4 Hulk 61th minute
The rest of the game went on quite silently as the referee ended the game the score was 2-4 the first 3 points are a fact for the Blues.
View attachment 209421
The second game for one of my teams this Saturday is the game of Manchester City the winner of the Community shield is going to visit the promoted Swansea. With Manchester City I have to do without 3 players:
Mats Hummels --- Injured
Louis Hutton --- Injured
Iker Muniain --- International Duty

Here are my starting eleven for this game:
Hart
Richards Onuoha Chiellini Clichy
Albrighton Touré Barry Silva
Balotelli Agüero

Let the game begin!
Swansea - Manchester City
After 17 minutes Manchester City takes the lead! A cross from Balotelli is not intercepted by the defense and David Silva tips it in for 0-1
0-1 David Silva 17th​ minute
Not much to do further in the first half Manchester City created more chances but failed to increase the lead so the halfway score is 0-1
48th​ minute Swansea are down to 10 men after Leroy Lita received his second yellow what brought him red so he is off. With some more then 10 minutes to play finally Manchester City is able to decide the game Yaya Touré scores a tap in after a cross from Onuoha
0-2 Yaya Touré 79th​ minute A defensive error from Clichy allows Wayne Routledge to score a goal but it is injury time. 1-2 Wayne Routledge 92th minute. After the goal the game was over I felt Manchester City did not score enough and conceded the goal to easily. The possession must be better against Swansea then 51 per cent and with shots from 6/16 I think they should have done more with all those shots. But a victory is a victory and I am always happy with 3 points.
View attachment 209424
The 3rd​ game from the Saturday is Arsenal – Bolton
Arsenal misses 3 players for this match:
Mario Gómez --- Injured
Gervinho --- Injured
Alex Chamberlain --- International Duty
The first 11 for this game are:
Szczesny
Sagna Mertesacker Rami Contento
Walcott Ramsey Arteta Miyaichi
Chamakh van Persie

Let the game start.
Not much to tell about the first half the play is pretty level both got 5 shots only the possession of Arsenal is much higher than Boltons is. 64/36
Still 0-0 with already more than 70 minutes played when will I finally break the dead lock? Van Persie passing one opponent has a little gap between 2 opponents takes a crack and defeats Jääskeläinen in the short corner 1-0 after 73 minutes. Robin van Persie 73th​ minute. With a fantastic strike in the top corner Ramsey decides the game 2-0. 2-0 Aaron Ramsey 80th​ minute. The final minutes are my friend as Robin van Persie finish a rebound after a shot from Walcott 3-0 Robin van Persie 82th​ minute. After a cross Arsenal failed to mark well and Bolton scored against 3-1 Tuncay Sanli 84th​ minute. It took long for Arsenal to clinch this game but I am happy they did and RvP proved to be a true captain leading the team to victory with 2 goals. I am satisfied with the final score of 3-1.
View attachment 209420

The 4th​ and final match on the Saturday is Manchester United – Wolves
Manchester United misses 2 players for this game
Michael Carrick --- Injured
Antonio Valencia --- Injured
The first 11 for the game are:
de Gea
Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Nani Anderson Hamsik Young
Rooney Hernández

Let the game start
After a boring first 20 minutes a great heading pass from Vidic launches Rooney, Roony 1 on 1 with Hennesey and Rooney finishes it calmly into the short corner. 1-0 Wayne Rooney 20th​ minute. Wolves finally decide to attack, but what the Wolves did not encounter was the counter of Manchester United with Rafael breaking through on the right crossing the ball to Nani, the shot from Nani was straight at Hennesey he let go of the ball and Hamsik puts it in the back of the net. 2-0 Marek Hamsik 39th​ minute. 2-0 is the half time score, on to the second half. The second half is just started when Hamsik gives a lovely through ball a 100 per cent chance pops up for Javier Hernández and he finishes it very cool. 3-0 Javier Hernández 48th​ minute. Again a through ball from Hamsik finds a player unmarked and ready for finish, this time its Young and he passes the goalie with a clean shot in the low corner. 4-0 Ashley Young 51st​ minute. A corner from Nani finds the head of Rio Ferdinand who drives it in for number 5. 5-0 Rio Ferdinand 53rd​ minute. A long time it stayed quite but when Young passes 3 opponents he enters the 16 yard box and give the ball to Chicharito and Chicharito doesn’t think twice and place it in the far low corner. 6-0 Javier Hernández 71st​ minute. To give him the applaud he deserves I subbed Hamsik for Giggs and the result is number 7, Young runs past 2 opponents, then gives it in low and Giggs scores in the short corner. 7-0 Ryan Giggs 78th​ minute. With the injury time almost past Rooney decides to cross the ball in the 16 yard box, there he finds Chicharito who heads his 3rd​ and number 8 for Manchester United into the short corner. 92nd​ minute 8-0 Javier Hernández. With this goal the game is ended Manchester United – Wolves 8-0 I must say even though Wolves is a weak team compared to Manchester United a 8-0 victory is still very well and sweet. I am very happy with the performance of Manchester United.
View attachment 209423
Sunday, the 5th​ team comes in action and the 5th​ team is Liverpool they have to play an away game against Evertoon.
Everton – Liverpool
Liverpool misses 4 players this game
Steven Gerrard --- Injured
Luis Suárez --- Injured
John Flanagan --- International Duty
Jack Robinson --- International Duty

Reina
Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
Kuyt Henderson Adam Downing
Cavani Bellamy

Let the game start:

After 11 minutes of open football both teams attacking Liverpool finds the back of the net. After a low cross from Cavani it is in thanks to Craig Bellamy. 0-1 Craig Bellamy 11th​ minute. A corner that comes to the head of Skrtel the header is blocked but then the ball comes to Agger who tips it in 0-2. 0-2 Daniel Agger 28th​ minute. A good cross from Stewart Downing is headed in by Edinson Cavani, 0-3. 0-3 Edinson Cavani 35th​ minute. The further game didn’t have much exciting moments and the score of 0-3 is the final score. I am very happy knowing that it was very even when it comes to possession and shots to know that Liverpool was much more focused in front of goal. A 0-3 against Everton is delightful.
View attachment 209422
Monday

The last game of the weekend, its Spurs time!
The last and final team has to play for the first time, Tottenham misses some players but still has enough material to be a tough costumer for every team. Tottenham will face the away game against Wigan.

Wigan – Tottenham
Tottenham misses 5 players:
William Gallas --- Injured
Steven Pienaar --- Injured
Sandro --- Injured
Ledley King --- Injured
Yaya Sanogo --- Unavailable

Friedel
Walker Dawson Sakho Assou-Ekotto
van der Vaart Parker Modric Bale
Defoe Adebayor

Let the game start

After a open starting period the first goal came after 12 minutes, a through ball from Walker finds Modric who gets the ball past the goalkeeper but not over the line. Caldwell wanted to put the ball wide but instead he scored an own goal. 0-1 Gary Caldewell own goal 12th​ minute. Wigan went to attack and got their reward some more then 10 minutes later, bad marking from Assou-Ekotto gave Moses the opportunity to give a through ball towards di Santo and he stayed calm and scored. 1-1 Franco di Santo 23rd​ minute. After the equalizer the game was very open and it could go either way, but then Tottenham found the back of the net and gained a lead. A corner kick taken by Rafael van der Vaart was headed in strongly by Michael Dawson who with that goal gave Tottenham the lead with not much to play left in the first half. 1-2 Michael Dawson 39th​ minute. The second half started slowly but it was yet again a standard situation that would proven to be decisive. When Ronnie Stam fouled Emmanuel Adebayor just outside the penalty box it was an ideal place to cross a ball for a header, and like Dawson prove with his first goal he copied hear to score yet again. The free kick was taken by van der Vaart and Downing headed it in the far corner. 1-3 Michael Dawson 54th​ minute. The rest of the second half was a formality, Wigan lacked the power and quality to be a real threat for Tottenham and Tottenham missed the sharpness and hunger to go on and extend the lead. The final score was 1-3. I am quite happy that the 3 points are in the bag, I would have wanted to see Tottenham score more goals but a win is a win and you would not hear me complain.
View attachment 209419

After each playing round I do a round up and explain with what team I am most pleased and what team I am last pleased with.

6th ​As 6th​ I choose Manchester City because when you play against Swansea I expect more than a narrow victory. But a win is a win and I am happy with that but hoped for more.
5th​ Chelsea I was disappointed to get 2 easy goals against, but with winning with a 2 goal difference I cannot be to critical. I will leave it at the comment happy with the victory but critical notes for the defense.
4th ​ As 4th​ I would say Arsenal a good solid 3-1 victory, the only disappointment was that it took too long to make the differences but if that is all I have to complain about it is a good thing.
3rd​ As number 3 I choose Tottenham they played well but I’d like to have them win by a bigger margin than 2 goals against Wigan, none the less I am happy with the 3 points.
2nd​ As number 2 I have to choose Liverpool they showed a lesson in efficiency against the neighbors Everton, something the fans would really enjoy!
1st​ When you win 8-0 the other teams must do something really special to make sure that your not the team of the weekend and that didn’t happen. Manchester United dominated and clinched the 8-0 I can only say that I am very happy with that result.

Last edited:
Where on earth did you get all the money for transfers from? Very good story and will be following

I always set to winner so (the chance that I will get fired is high), then I mostly tweak the budgets for much budget when buying but low budget high salary when offering contract and then back to high budget for the closing of the deal and I mostly use monthly installments to get those high price sells without splashing out my whole budget at once