Enjoying FM

• Thread starter Thread starter Timmzeh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1K

Timmzeh

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone can help me to enjoy FM13? I cant really get properly into a save without getting bored of it. I started a new game with the 2042 database with Man United as they seem to have dropped out of the Champions League most seasons now, so thought it would be enjoyable to take them back right to the top. Starting to think about starting another game of some sort though. So if someone could help me with ideas that would be great.

Also, I am thinking about starting a story? so if anyone wants to see a certain team in a story then please tell me and I will think about doing one!

Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone can help me to enjoy FM13? I cant really get properly into a save without getting bored of it. I started a new game with the 2042 database with Man United as they seem to have dropped out of the Champions League most seasons now, so thought it would be enjoyable to take them back right to the top. Starting to think about starting another game of some sort though. So if someone could help me with ideas that would be great.

Also, I am thinking about starting a story? so if anyone wants to see a certain team in a story then please tell me and I will think about doing one!

My advice would be to stop playing it for a few days, so you can be fresh for it when you come back to it. When things go against you on FM it can be really frustrating, so if this happens take a break for an hour or two. Basically don't force yourself to play it if your not enjoying it, just take breaks until you want to play it. I had the issue of where i got bored from multiple saves so i decided to start unemployed on the lowest rep, that would be my advice for you but don't just take the first job your offered take a job you connect with. I waited 2 years to accept a job offer from Bromley and haven't looked back since despite teams in the divisions above regularly setting me as their first target for a new manager. Rejected them all. Make sure you use your own tactics as this adds to the enjoyment once you create a good tactic and don't use any editing software or genie scout etc.

Try and make as much profit as possible. My newcastle save i'm in 2048 and ive spent 800m and my transfer money received is and i quote "-" The last time i saw it it was at 1.8b so i can only assume the limit is 2 bil. I think it's alot of fun selling your best players and replacing them with younger players with potential

My advice would be to stop playing it for a few days, so you can be fresh for it when you come back to it. When things go against you on FM it can be really frustrating, so if this happens take a break for an hour or two. Basically don't force yourself to play it if your not enjoying it, just take breaks until you want to play it. I had the issue of where i got bored from multiple saves so i decided to start unemployed on the lowest rep, that would be my advice for you but don't just take the first job your offered take a job you connect with. I waited 2 years to accept a job offer from Bromley and haven't looked back since despite teams in the divisions above regularly setting me as their first target for a new manager. Rejected them all. Make sure you use your own tactics as this adds to the enjoyment once you create a good tactic and don't use any editing software or genie scout etc.

I was thinking about doing this! What type of job offers will you get with the different reputations? For example what job offeres do you think I would get if I set it to International footballer? But yeah that sounds like a great idea. Also, should I be applying for offers myself or wait until I'm approached by struggling teams?

Last edited:
I was thinking about doing this! What type of job offers will you get with the different reputations? For example what job offeres do you think I would get if I set it to International footballer? But yeah that sounds like a great idea. Also, should I be applying for offers myself or wait until I'm approached by struggling teams?

International footballer will get you the top jobs, Chelsea Man Utd etc if you set it to Sunday league you will get offers from the lowest league you have available. I think its fun to take a team from a relegation position in the blue square bet south/north to the Premier league. Also what i do is holiday and get it to apply to low league teams and bring me back on job offers, rejected about seven before i took the right one.

International footballer will get you the top jobs, Chelsea Man Utd etc if you set it to Sunday league you will get offers from the lowest league you have available. I think its fun to take a team from a relegation position in the blue square bet south/north to the Premier league. Also what i do is holiday and get it to apply to low league teams and bring me back on job offers, rejected about seven before i took the right one.

Thanks a lot for the help mate. I think I will start one with Sunday League experience, if that gets boring I may start one with the one below International experience. So i have to apply for a job to get one in the beggining? I wont be approached by a team simply because my experience is high?

Thanks a lot for the help mate. I think I will start one with Sunday League experience, if that gets boring I may start one with the one below International experience. So i have to apply for a job to get one in the beggining? I wont be approached by a team simply because my experience is high?

But your experience wont be high it will be Sunday league, i just holidayed and set the game to apply automatically.

Back