Equivilant to Cahill

Ride The Walrus

A pretty cool guy.
Reaction score
I wanna know if there is another version of him basically. Dosen't matter whap nationality but just the same type of player,or the closest equivilant.

Go on Cahill's name, and use the scouting>create filter from option.

This will search for players based on Cahills attributes....alter them if noone appears.

If that is the case - then edit the filter and take a few of the less important attributes down a stat or two.

raul and ballack seem to be the only ones really. it might take a couple years to find someone develop into a similar player who is fairly young. Though you could always look for a youngster that has high potential with high str, jumping and heading numbers for his age and develop him into one.

I would say Mathieu Bodmer would be a similar player however his heading isn't "as" good however still sufficient for his role. Also Fernandao however he's slightly older so wouldn't advice him if your looking to replace him long term but good for a season maybe two at a push to search for the perfect player.

I can think of a few players similar to Tim Cahill, great in the air, good tackling and a brilliant player when it comes to attack..

Heres a few mate:

Michael Ballack

View attachment 38398

An obvious, almost indentical player to Cahill. Strong, airborn and amazing attacking attributes. A Tim Cahill twin of attributes for you.

Raul

View attachment 38404

As mentioned above, a similar player to Cahill.

Kevin Davies

View attachment 38399

Some great stats, similar to Tim Cahill, but Davies plays as a striker. Him and a few more on the list can be adapted to Cahill's area, as they possess the good stats that Cahill aqquires.

Mathieu Bodmer

View attachment 38397

An all round good player, Bodmer posseses some good stats, from tackling, to heading, to long shots, a similar player to Cahill but more central.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy

View attachment 38403

A suprising player to add to the list, but has almost indentical stats to Raul, but can also be adapted to an AMC position and could work wonders.

Claudio Pizarro

View attachment 38402

Another Striker that can be adapted to an AMC position. Claudio has all round good stats and may be a good player to look into.

Gojko Kacar

View attachment 38401

A slightly more defence player, but like Cahill, has a high finishing stat. Can play in an AMC position, and is known as a good developing player.

Jose Paolo Guerrero

View attachment 38400

Not a well known player, but an interesting find. Possibly a good player to the type your looking for..

Hope these helped mate. I'd recommend opening each screenshot in a tab and flicking through to help you choose who is best or most 'Tim Cahill like'.

FourFourTwo.

Last edited:
le tallec from dortmund, last time i checked im pretty sure he has quality potential and is a similar player to cahill check him out. Also the other le tallec (brothers) from some french team he is similar but is more developed he use to play for liverpool i think

Last edited:
Yeah...The only problem is i'm MK Dons :p
I was looking for a poor mans Cahill :(

Theres only one Tim Cahill, literally. I had a similar problem with my Everton team but Donovan did well for me sitting just behind a lone striker.

look at adam moffat at the columbus crew i got him on a free transfer at the start of the second season with grimsby town .

Last edited:
Dirk Kuyt is the closest i can think of when you watch them play, maybe not on FM though. Alan Smith before he was turned into a **** DM too...

Last edited:
Dirk Kuyt is the closest i can think of when you watch them play, maybe not on FM though. Alan Smith before he was turned into a **** DM too...

I'd say Ballack is the exact match ;)

There could be a few cheap options but they'd be rubbish, try bidding for the expensive ones a few seasons in, they would have aged a bit and be cheaper :)

Back