Error When Starting New Game :-(

Mkartois

Reaction score
Think this may be an issue with FM as I checked my custom Database and they appear in the leagues that I want.

When I start new game, I get past the part where I choose which leagues I want etc and then when on the 'setting up game database' page or whatever it is, I get the following error:

' A serious error was encountered and the application has to close. An error file was created in.....'

I play the game via a disc.

Any ideas?

A file may have become corrupted, you cud try reinstalling

Try loading without a custom DB, and if that doesn't work, re-install.

I have re-installed the whole game.
The same error occurs at the same point.
I want to load it with my custom dnatabase as thats the reason I have spent hours updating the editor data. The data does load in the editor, just crashes when trying to start new game

there must be something wrong with your editor data. if you've added lots of competitions you should try and load each individual level one at a time so you can find where the problem is.

I have updated every transfer since last summer, no competitions, and not sure what could go wrong with that to be honest.
Just stuck for ideas

have you done promotion and relegation? cause it might be something to do with that if you have.

NNo team changes.
Just changes to plyers and clubs reps etc.
It loaded fine until I have been updating the trannsfers this June.
Please, someone has to know

in that case mate i'm just as stumped as you. the only other thing i can suggest is to clear out your crash dumps folder although i'm not sure it will do much in this case.

i have exactly the same problem- except i have created 20 new teams and put them in serie a instead of the likes of inter and roma etc. ???? the database has about 20,000 changes to it- is this the problem?? btw fm11