Euro 2012 Simulator - Matchday 3 and Beyond

comam55

Reaction score
Chaps - I've been working on a Euro sim to reflect the results so far and thought I'd share it.

The link for the files to be put into the 'editor data' folder is here:-
https://rapidshare.com/files/4130578062/Euro_2012_Simulation.rar

Instructions:-
After files are placed in 'editor data' folder, start a new game and make sure all three are ticked (Euro 2012 - Simulation.xml, Euro 2012 Stadiums and Squad numbers.dbc, May start.dbc)

Select Andorra as a country which will allow the game to start in May 2012 (remember to select!). If you want to be able to manage the national teams you will need to make changes to the size of database loaded. I used 'Custom' and loaded up 'current international players' for Europe.

To make this sim work I had to edit the tournament dates so it now runs in May - you will start on Matchday 3 and I've edited some stadiums to reflect real-life but unfortunately some nations (like England, Italy) insist on playing in their home venues. The real-life venues kick-in for the knock-out stages though so all good there.

I've had a couple of test runs with this and it's very conceivable that both Spain AND Germany could get knocked out - as you may know if Spain & Croatia draw 2-2 they both go through, despite Italy spanking Ireland (it happened twice out of three times!)

So if you fancy trying to win the Euro 2012 tournament or trying to achieve the impossible with the likes of Greece then go for it. Who knows, maybe you just want to restore some Irish pride and get some sort of result against the Italians. What line-up would you go with for England vs Ukraine? Does Rooney come in? Spain and Germany aren't guaranteed anything - France are coming to the boil nicely so could be a good pick but beware Sweden - and what about Holland? Try and beat Portugal but then hope and pray.

Anyway, to make sure that you've got proper squads which will then be allocated proper squad numbers you should also download this set of ddts and place them in the 'edt' folder in the steam directory.

https://rapidshare.com/files/3856692545/Euro_2012_Squads.rar

Any probs please shout.

Last edited:
Hey mate this is great... can you provide us with files that DO NOT start on matchday 3 and start on matchday 1 though?
Thanks

That would be great, tried the original euro pack download but that kept crashing. this one works great but would be ideal if it started match day one.

I think it was me not having all the official updates, the squad files weren't working and then when they did they were bombing out the game.