• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 600
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says the proposal to introduce a play-off to decide the fourth Champions League spot in the Premier League is unnecessary.

More...

Is it the divide of 4 to 16? ^^)

Which of the 16 do you support? ;)

Oh yeah, none :P

It's a rubbish idea.:O

I agree. It seems like just another way to try and make more money to me. It doesnt seem fair that a team could finish 4th and maybe streets ahead of the team in say 6th, but lose out on a Champions League spot to them in one off games.

To be honest it won't affect United & Chelsea if it does happen.
The ones who would have to be worried are the likes of Arsenal & L'pool.
I can see why some people find it an attractive proposition but the EPL is the best league in the World so i don't see why it needs changing.

I agree it's a bit unfair on team who performed better, but let's realise after the group stages, the Champs League is one big playoff. The big dogs play amazing all group stage, lose 1 game and there out... yes i know its a cup.

They are probably wanting more money and it is daft as you'll have 3 playoff games(2leg semi and final?) then STILL have to qualify for the actual group stage. - but think... why not have the top 4 in the Champs League next 5/6 teams go into a group stage and play each other twice - top 3 go in the Europa league.

I think this playoff business could bring interesting football - but the money involved in the Champs League - surely that competition must stay as it is

Wenger made a good point about the subject.
If this does go ahead then how about having a play-off between the club placed 18th and clubs above?

I beleive 14 ov the 20 teams in the premiership have to agree with this for it to get the go ahead.

It's a terrible idea and it would really suck if it was implemented.

Not the best idea lets be real, but on SSN they touched on making the top three spots auto CL then fa cup winners get the fourth CL spot tht is a good idea if a qualifier wins it then 4th place gets the CL spot

To be honest it won't affect United & Chelsea if it does happen.
The ones who would have to be worried are the likes of Arsenal & L'pool.
I can see why some people find it an attractive proposition but the EPL is the best league in the World so i don't see why it needs changing.
Yes,because Chelsea didn't finish 3rd last year at all.:$ Things change my friend,it would affect ALL teams. It's called the champions league, soo why should a team that finished 7th get into it? It should be the best 4,if a team finished 5th and then wines about it,it's their fault they weren't 4th.

We already have a thread discussing this. Bad BBC BAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back